Posted February 08, 2013
The teachers at Oaks overall take great interest in their students success. The curriculum is average but there is the opportunity for a gifted student to participate in the AT program which offers enrichment to the curriculum. The Principal's leadership is evident in the overwhelming positive atmosphere of the school. The moment you walk through the doors you will feel the positivity through the welcoming faces of staff and the creative annual themed art adorned on the walls. Just to add---their art teacher and gifted teacher are phenomenal.

Posted August 31, 2012
What a great school. My son is in First grade this year and attended KG last year. His answer to "How was the day" moved from "Good" to "Great". :) I am very happy with the staff and teachers who take personal interest in kids. I would rate 9 or 10.

Posted January 18, 2012
I have two boys (now 12 and 15) that went through all 5 yrs at Oaks. I can tell you even today, they miss the staff at Oaks and try to visit whenever they can. My younger son was identified by his teacher in 2n grade as needing assistance and joined the IEP program in 3rd grade. The teachers and staff had so much patience with him in not only helping him learn, but to be comfortable with his peers, it was amazing. As a parent I cannot say enough about Oaks and how much they care about their students! He is so proud of his accomplishments and is now a Spring Ford Honor Roll student!!!

Oaks El School 0

Posted April 21, 2010
Children love their school and the teachers They work diligently to help students achieve their potential.

Posted January 07, 2010

Posted November 17, 2009
This school is amazing. My son has been experiencing some difficulties with his ADHD, ODD and other issues. The teachers, principle, gym instructor right down to the janitorial staff havebeen so kind and supporting to him and our family. They helped to facilitate him getting the additional help he needed and genuinely cared about his well being and our family. Thank you Oaks, staff and district for all your help.

Posted April 20, 2009

Oaks El School 3

Posted March 23, 2009
My daughter switched to this school from another in the same district when we moved. So far, nothing to be excited about. She's getting an adequate education I'm sure, but her teacher has done little to help facilitate the transition. I had read reviews of the school here at this site and had high hopes that we had upgraded by moving, but my daughter is lonely here and unhappy enough that we're exploring other education options for next year.

Posted September 04, 2008
My son transferred to Oaks at 2nd grade. Prior to that, he stayed temporarily (3 months) in an elementary school of the neighbor Methacton School District when my family relocated from Montgomery county, MD where he attended 1st grade in a great public school. He just graduated 4th grade and starting 5th grade at the Spring-Ford Intermediate School. We are really satisfied with the quality of education at Oaks ES. Teachers are highly motivated, driven for best results in all students (not just a selected few. Yes, my son is in their AT program. But I have consistently seen great results from students in his regular class). Leadership and admin at Oaks certainly also deserve the credit too... In my opinion, Oaks is so much better than the elementary school at Methacton. My daughter is 4 now. We definitely want her go to Oaks. Go oaks!

Oaks El School 4

Posted July 14, 2008
Oaks has been a very good school for us. We are looking to move and one of the hardest things is giving up this school. The principal is very involved with all the kids. They have a great PTA which does so much with the fund raising funds. Every month there is one or more social activities to get the school into the family feeling. Even the office staff is incredibly helpful. Some teachers are better than others. I love the instant communication we have with the teachers via e-mail. I usually hear back within 30 minutes of an inquiry. I do wish there were more things for the gifted kids to do. They meet once a cycle but it seems like it should be more. Overall I would recommend this school and give it a 9 out of 10.

Oaks El School
Oaks School Dr, Oaks, PA  19456
Last modified Oaks El School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oaks El School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.