Nebinger George W School 4

Posted November 20, 2014
The school, staff and principal are great. They genuinely care about the students and work hard. They go above and beyond what is required of them. The principal is in the classroom daily and the teachers take personal interest in their students. This is my daughter's first year here and she loves it. She is learning so much.

Nebinger George W School 1

Posted March 27, 2014
Worst school ever....teachers don't care and the ones who do care do not really provide the support that students might need. They do not teach they just entertain the students....children are better off with no education at all...unless you want your kids in a non American dialect....which is awful....!

Nebinger George W School 1

Posted September 10, 2012
Nebinger, its principal, and teachers convinced me to remove my son from the Philadelphia public schools. Extremely negative environment for learning established by new principal. Numerous fights in the often unsupervised playground as well as supervised cafeteria. Half of the children in my son's 1st grade class spoke little or no English. The teacher spoke only English albeit poorly. Once a week a bi-lingual aid would come to the school, but that was hardly adequate in meeting the school's needs. My son's teacher choose to amuse herself and her class by making fun of my son's name. I attempted to report this to the school and the district administration but they would take no action. The few good teachers at Nebinger seemed frustrated in their circumstances.

Nebinger George W School 0

Posted February 17, 2010
My child is in an autism support classroom at Nebinger. He just started September 2009 and what a difference I see in him already. His teacher is truly dedicated and cares alot about her students.

Nebinger George W School 5

Posted August 13, 2009

Nebinger George W School 5

Posted September 18, 2006
My son is currently enrolled in the Autistic Support Program at George W. Nebinger School. This program has done wonders for my child. They work with your child based on their personal abilities, as well as working with their disabilities. I feel as though they make the children feel like they are individuals. Not just a child that could be pointed out in a crowd. If your child has been diagnosed with any kind of autism disorder, and is entering kindergarten, then this is the place for them. Trust me, I was skeptical at first, but this school has showed me and new light for my child. They will do the same for you.

Nebinger George W School 0

Posted April 29, 2006
The staff and leadership seem wonderfully caring and engaged. The environment appears to be a good environment.

Nebinger George W School
601 Carpenter St, Philadelphia, PA  19147
Last modified Nebinger George W School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nebinger George W School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top