Philadelphia, PA

Pennell Joseph School 1

Posted January 27, 2014
This school isnt the same at all. The children are not motivated to do they best. When its one rotten apple in the bunch the entire class suffers. That's not fair to the kids that actually want to learn. My daughter is above her 4th grade level and when i asked to have her tested they never did it, but they will make your child feel horrible for wearing a regular jacket in the cold classes there. Not to mention that if your child believes in Santa Claus just be prepared to dry they tears cause a teacher informed my daughter class that they parents bought they toys. My daughter was hurt badly. Next year i have enrolled in home schooling for her where she will get the appropriate work and not preschool work for a 4th grader. Parents beware of this school!!!!! When kids are shown positive they give back positive. Some teachers serm to just be there for the pay check and do not take time with the kids But all the teachers are not the same some actually have a heart. But i would have to rate this school a negative 0, they need to make some serious changes. For the kids sake!!

Posted April 30, 2013
I really think the staff at Pennell(From Principal to teachers and aids) are doing an awesome job. As a parent I am kept well informed of activities and events .

Pennell Joseph School 2

Posted October 24, 2012
My son is currently in the 1st grade and I'm highly disappointed. The work assigned isn't challenging enough for my son. I had to request that his teacher send home more challenging homework, so my son doesn't get bored and uninterested in learning. Both my son's kindergarden and first grade teacher agree that he's above average but the curriculum does not expand his inteligence. I have several of his teachers tell me to transfer my son to a better school where he isn't held back by his classmates. My son comes home upset, more often than not, because his class didn't finish their assignment due to behavioral issues. My son takes his education very seriously and he is being held back by other children who aren't interested in learning. Until I can transfer him, I'll continue teaching him more challenging lessons at home outside of what he learns at Pennell.

Posted May 28, 2008
I love this school, my daughter curently attends the school. I like the fact that the teachers are very involved with the students, as well as the princple. There has been times where I have visted the school and seen how the princple as well as teachers comend the students on a job well done, even for little things as wearing the proper uniform.

Pennell Joseph School 2

Posted May 29, 2007
pennell is not the school it use to be. my husband when there as a child they had so many activies. they no longer have music,art or sports. i have decided to take my kids out of pupil school and put them in scottland i hear it is a very good school. my 10 year old is very smart and i don't think the school is a challage to him i would love him to have music and some extracurricular.

Posted February 01, 2007

- a staff

Pennell Joseph School
1800 Nedro Ave, Philadelphia, PA  19141
Last modified Pennell Joseph School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pennell Joseph School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top