Baldi Child Care A Middle School

Public | 6-8 | 1228 students

Posted August 24, 2007

For the last two years I attended Baldi Middle, and it was the best thing that has ever happened to me. I started out in 7th grade and that just happened to be one of the best years of my life. I was so looking forward to the 8th grade that in the last few days of summer I slept most of the time because I wanted the time to move faster. 8th grade was really amazing. However, I had one of the worst teachers ever in a subject thats very important. However, the rest of my teachers were very supportive of me and very comforting. As the year was coming towards an end my friends and I were thinking about failing our classes so we could be held back. Baldi; my true home

Posted August 2, 2007

This is a wonderful middle school.

Posted July 24, 2007

Last year in 7th grade was my first year so I didn't know what to expect but as the year went on I made a lot of friends and my seventh grade teachers where the best. At first I had a very hard time with math but I took a after school tuerting called power hour. Also my teacher came to school early to help me. Baldi has a lot of good sports and we sometimes always make it to the championships. Baldi has a lot of things you can do after school like art clubs, robotics, sport practices and a lot more. I personaly think all the teachers are great but if you get on their bad side thats when they can scream at you.Baldi is the best school ever!

Posted July 20, 2007

I am a student at Baldi and going to 8th grade this coming year. The main reason I gave this school a 3 star rating is because: we are not going to have any more computer classes at all; the school starts earlier this year; the periods are going to be much longer, I believe about 1 hour+. I can only hope that its not much worse than I think it will be. The good things are that there are going to be new teachers and that there are already good teachers there. Another good thing is that they just finished paving the parking lot, because it was not smooth nor did it look good at all. Also at the end of last year we got air-conditioning which is a big plus. If you are a nice person and behave you will have no problems with teachers there. (Source-myself)

Posted July 8, 2007

I am a teacher at Baldi. I am sorry that you had such a difficult time in 6th grade. Most of our teachers care about the students and the school. Yes, there are times when a teacher is having a bad day but I believe that there are others that would have helped you over the bumps. We care. I believe that Baldi is the best middle school in Phila. I had no hesitation about sending my own child there.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted June 29, 2007

I am currently a student at Baldi and I am going into 7th grade. I think this school needs work. We have a new principal and we are now going to have gym everyday and everything is going bad.I think the playground at baldi is disgusting and some of the teachers are very rude. The only thing ruder then the teachers are the students. When I was in 6th grade the 7th graders always picked on us. The 8th graders however, were nice and very busy with work. Not happy.

Posted February 18, 2007

I am currently a student of the class of 07 at Baldi Middle School. I have nothing but good words to say about this school because it has only showed me caring people, and friendly faces. Baldi has been a home to me with the after school programs and the friends I have made. Baldi has allowed me to grow in a way that only inriches my world of life and learning. If you are thinking about sending your child to Baldi, you have made a good choice. Since being in Baldi I have learned many new things that will help me in high school and after high school. Everyday I am met with new challenges and a different approach in learning. The teachers and staff are always welcoming to me, and know me very well. Baldi has been and will be an amazing school. Lyndsey Hoban. 809

Posted June 13, 2006

Baldi has many extracurricular activities as well as sports programs available. The academic programs are top notch. They also have a wonderful hearing resource room which is staffed with a very knowledgeable and caring teacher. The staff at Baldi truly takes an interest in your child and works very hard to help your child achieve. The caring of the staff does not stop with your child, however, it extends to your family as well. I was very pleased with the education my son received at Baldi and would highly recommend it.

Posted June 10, 2005

Both of my children attended Baldi Middle School. I find Baldi to have a solid academic program along with excellent music, arts and athletic programs.

Posted June 8, 2005

I went here and i didnt realize what an amazing school Baldi was until i moved on to high school those were definetly the days
—Submitted by a former student

Posted March 31, 2005

I`m currently an 8th grade student here at baldi middle school. the years I`ve spent here have been absolutely awesome. Baldi is a great school: it offers many many extracurricular activities for students, and the teachers are awesome. the kids here are awesome too. if you have a child, he/she would definitely be very happy at baldi middle school.

Posted February 6, 2005

I'm a former student that graduated from Baldi. Baldi Middle School is full of wonderful teacher and your child won't regret of going to this school. Your child will learn something new each days and will improve their grades.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted May 21, 2004

I am amazed at the difference in my child since attending Baldi! She has moved from a 'D' average to an 'A'-'B'. She has a Doctor of Mathmatics teaching her Math. She has been exposed to the opera, the theater, and participated in the Science Fair where she was chosen out of 6 sixth grade students to present to the judges. The projects are intense - something close to the college level, but she is finally motivated to work! Her interest has been captivated. Kudos to Dr. Gondo, and Mrs. Allen - you are fabulous educators. -Kristi Emery

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2012.

376 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 69% in 2012.

373 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Scale: % at or above proficient

In 2011-2012 Pennsylvania used the Pennsylvania System of State Assessments (PSSA) to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in math and reading, in grades 5, 8 and 11 in writing, and in grades 4, 8 and 11 in science. The results for reading, writing, science and math are displayed on GreatSchools profiles. The PSSA is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Pennsylvania. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficient on the test.

Math

The state average for Math was 80% in 2012.

366 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 76% in 2012.

362 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Math

The state average for Math was 76% in 2012.

362 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 80% in 2012.

359 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Science

The state average for Science was 60% in 2012.

355 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 73% in 2012.

371 students were tested at this school in 2012.

All Students81%

Economically disadvantaged61%
Students with disabilities (IEP)16%
English language learners23%
Scale: % at or above proficient

The different student groups are identified by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. If there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group in a school, the state doesn't report data for that group.

All Students87%

Students with disabilities (IEP)47%
English language learners54%

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 17% 3%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

8801 Verree Rd