Posted January 29, 2014
My daugther has attended SFX since she was in K, she is now in 5th grade. The school came highly recommended from a friend who took her child out of Bladwin and put her in SFX. We love the school, the fact there is only 1 class pre grade adds to the friendly and homely environment . the kids all get along for the most part as much as you can when you put 210 kids in one building. The teachers are all very helpful and i love the fact that each teacher has a very different teaching style which challenges the kids in different way each year. All of the parents and very friendly and SFX is like a big family. They also have some great programs with the school and associated with like, Advance Math, First in Math, Reading Olympics, Girls Scouts, Softball & baseball, basket ball, choir, french class lego club, dance, magicians club, computer & art.They also have a partnership with the Art museum and many more. Because SFX is small and is a side street it really is a hidden jewel. I am excited to see what they do in the coming years to help keep them rated within the 10% of Philadelphia school. L love the fact that Ms Butler the principal runs the school with a strong arm and huge heart.

Posted January 26, 2014
We have child at sfx and has been there for prek and now k. Her experience has been very positive and the teachers are involed and concerned! She has developed relationships with kids in all grades and it seems to be a very caring environment. Academically, she has been progressing very good and there is always some activity taking place to keep a community feel for the school. We think its a great fine in Philadelphia and even better value cost wise!

Posted January 07, 2014
I have three children at St. Francis Xavier, and am very happy with the school. My oldest is in Grade 5. It has a great environment with small classes and a staff that really cares. They have a variety of programs like rowing, a partnership with the Art Museum and work with the Horticultural Society.The children are challenged educationally. There are advanced Math and Reading classes, after school sports for students in Grades 5 and up, Choir, a variety of after school clubs. They participate in the Reading Olympics and Junior Flower Show. When you go into the school, you can see that the children are very happy, they are respectful. I can't say enough about how pleased I am with the school.

St. Francis Xavier 2

Posted January 16, 2011
Overall, this school does have a good education, fun garden, most teachers only teach they don't care about you. The problems are it's dull and very unhappy. Second problem is that kids pick on you and start fights with you. The only thing they do for fighting is siting in a chair for 15 minutes during school. The third is that it's a rip off. I was a student their and i hated it.

Posted August 15, 2010
I love St. Francis school. I am very happy to have my son attend this school. The environment at St. Francis is very loving and caring. Ms Butler, the principle, is very attentive to the children's needs as are the teachers. The children at the school are very well behaved and well adjusted, it's obvious that the nurturing environment is a key component to the children happiness.

Posted March 15, 2010
We have been very happy with St Francis Xavier for our daughter who has been there for K and 1st. The teachers and teaching assistants have been excellent. The school has a lovely sense of community and the children are expected to be well behaved and respectful at all times and they are. Our only disappointment has been that there is no emphasis in the teachers making use of the outside or gymnasium space during recess. Admittedly there isn't much of it but there is a beautiful school garden at the end of the block which is only used by the Pre-K and K students. The kids need time to run around every day!

Posted January 20, 2010
Having just moved here from out of state last minute, and my kids having gone to Montessori schools, I was very challenged in finding a new school, as most schools had extensive waiting lists. 2 kids just happened to have moved in december, creating 2 openings in pre-k. I went in and met the principal and her assistant, and immediately felt like this was the place for us. I was then given a tour of the school and the classroom where the kids were chanting outloud their numbers divisible by 10s. They all were happy and the classroom was very cute, well organized and it seemed perfect. The tuition is very affordable. We are very happy and so are our kids! They just love Ms. Cathy. :) She seems a little frazzled at times, but she will tell you she is a worrier, but doesnt display it with kids.

Posted April 08, 2007

Posted July 01, 2005

Posted May 03, 2005
My son attended the pre-k classes and was definitely engagaed for the full day. He learned not only how to behave in a school setting with instructors that took the time to help but also how to interact with childeren of varing backgrounds.

St. Francis Xavier
24th & Wallace, Philadelphia, PA  19130
Last modified St. Francis Xavier is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Francis Xavier Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.