Philadelphia, PA

St Cecilia Elementary School 1

Posted January 25, 2009

St Cecilia Elementary School 4

Posted December 04, 2008
The school is for cream of the crop-- the elite. Two of my daughters graduated from this great school. One daughter (who played basketball for the school) felt she was sheltered from the realities of life. When she eventually attended Temple U, she learned how in a bubble she was, having attended St. Cecilia and Cardinal Dougherty HS. The other daughter was at the top of her class. That graduating class was blessed with incredible children who had awesome teachers from K to 8! My daughters loved their experiences at this school. Parents really should involve themselves in any way they can. Teachers can't (and shouldn't) do it alone. Children need to be held accountable---dogs eating homework will NOT fly in this school! The computer lab has always been wonderful and no one can top their Kindergarten teacher (the former Miss McGlynn).

Posted October 27, 2008

Posted October 23, 2008
We are a third generation family that has attended St. Cecilia. I've lived in Fox Chase for 43 yrs., and love reliving my childhood as I watch my daughter attend school here. The principal is wonderful, as well as the teachers and staff. The Home & School committee takes pride in all the special things they do for the children. The parents benefit too from all the speakers and special events that are provided. The Computer Lab is maintained with up-to-date technology, to ensure the children are provided current knowledge of computer programs. (wish they had it when I went there!!) The CYO sports teams; soccer, basketball, volleyball, cheerleading all have school spirit, as well as terrific players and coaches! Disciple is just as good and fair as it was when I went there. Overall, St. Cecilia is a wonderful school, and I'm proud my child attends it!

Posted August 29, 2008

St Cecilia Elementary School 1

Posted December 16, 2007

St Cecilia Elementary School 4

Posted October 22, 2007
- a former student
I attended this school from K to 7th grade. Most of the teachers are fantastic and the curriculum is very good. The new principal there rules with an iron fist though. There are little to none extracurricular activities, but the band is very, very good. Actual sports in school only include basketball and cheerleading (a football team was in questioning when I left). Despite this, I had a very good experience there and regret not graduating there (I had to move).

St Cecilia Elementary School 3

Posted February 25, 2007
- a former student
I attended this school from Kindergarten to 8th grade and graduated in 2005. There was a lack of extracurricular activites up until I graduated. Most of the teachers were good and taught well, others were extremely rude to the students. Parent Invovlemt? I'd give it a 3 out of a scale of 1-5. That school had more cliques out of any other school I had visited. The current principal favors any student on the sports teams, and they're able to get away with anything.

St Cecilia Elementary School
525 Rhawn Street, Philadelphia, PA  19111
Last modified St Cecilia Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St Cecilia Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top