Public charter
Philadelphia, PA

Posted May 21, 2015
My daughter started in kindergarten she will be going to 2nd grade in September I absolutely love this school. She has learned so much while attending lab charter. The teachers are excellent the parent/teacher relationships are great.

Posted March 19, 2015
I love everything about this school. This is my son's first year at the 54th Street campus. He is in 4th grade. The teachers are super friendly, the environment is safe, he has new friends, he is making great progress academically, and he is so much happier here than at his old school. The parents are very involved in the PTO. They do have recess now and lots of clubs that are scheduled during the day instead of after school. Actually a long list of possible choices that the kids are interested in. The workload is not overwhelming if you stay on top of it. Of course it's easy to fall behind with homework if the kids don't pace themselves. For instance there is one book report due each month but on the first day of school they give out the book list. So it's no excuse. They know the due date from day one. So one month my son waited until a few days before to read the whole book and cram the book report in. So no that's not at all the school's fault. He procrastinated not the school. He got a good grade but he didn't like the feeling of rushing so we never had that problem again. I can't say enough good things about the Lab School. My family is very very happy here

Posted March 11, 2015
My daughter goes to Lab 59th st and has attending since grade K, and she "loves it." Yes, in the beginning they did receive an enormity of work, however it send the stage for their academic readiness. It is true they don't have "recess," but they do have structured free and play times. This school is HARD for the parents, because the parents have to be organized, dedicated to their child(ren) learning and willing to sacrifice their needs for their child's needs! You will get of out all Laboratory schools what you PUT in! Proud Lab parent (since 2012 tahm)
3 people found this helpful

Laboratory Charter School 1

Posted March 08, 2015
i have tried to contact this school over the years and they have never gotten back to me. Like FACTS, i guess you just show up at the school to have basic questions answered and take a peek at the school. good grief! and from what i understand this school is no fun - no recess and absurd amounts of homework. guess they have to make sure the kids have perfect scores so they have perfect scores too.

Posted August 29, 2014
My children goes to LAB 4th Brown. They can't wait until they can go back to school. My first grader is extra happy. She thinks she goes back to her favorite kindergarten teacher . Laboratory Charter is everything in A school I want for my children.

Laboratory Charter School 1

Posted August 28, 2014
I applied for my son with special needs and got no reply from labortory charter. Then I called them and they told me that they will get in touch with me but never did that. I know people personally they accepted their kids because the kids were among the top ten percentile at the old school. Labortoary chater tests and hand picks the best kids therefore their test scores are that good. Such a scam !!!

Laboratory Charter School 4

Posted July 24, 2014
Nothing in this life is perfect but ...My daughter is at LCS Woodbine and I couldn't be more pleased with the demanding&challenging work. Her teacher was just Golden! I have been kept in the loop about her progress all year and weaknesses also. She loves her school and likes to feel like she is responsible for her learning in some way. They prepare the students on the same level as private school. I transferred my private school student to LCS so she can get the benefit of private school eduction with out the price tag. They have recess. A strong parent committee. If you want extra curricular thats what weekends are for. As a parent with a college student as well I wish i would have sent her to Lab when she was this age. Its a lot of work but my children are worth it! The Lab test scores and reputation speak for themselves.

Posted April 10, 2014
my school is the Lab Charter 59th and Woodbine. My son is in K1. He was not reading at the start of the school year now he is reading at a third grade level. His teacher is excellent. I am so proud of his progress.

Laboratory Charter School 3

Posted March 20, 2014
My son is in 2nd grade , and has been at Lab since K. Lab is very demanding and puts a lot of pressure on the kids. They have about 4 test on testing days, and no recess. A 75 is considered a F at this school. My son is very smart , reads well , and learns French and Spanish. However he has test anxiety , and doesn't like school. I'm not sure if this is the right program for him.

Posted November 26, 2013
Just a wonderful place for young scholars to learn. Blue Ribbon Status and world class teaching.

Laboratory Charter School
5901 Woodbine Avenue, Philadelphia, PA  19131
Last modified Laboratory Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Laboratory Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 94 reviews. Top