Public charter
Philadelphia, PA

Posted November 25, 2013
Young Scholars Charter School is a very good school. They have a lot of expectations but they also give a lot of assistance. The teachers genuinely care about the students excelling. I have 3 children who graduated from Young Scholars. One graduated in 2003, one in 2004 and the last one graduated in 2012. I would recommend Young Scholars to anyone looking for a school that prepares their student for high school and college. I only have good things to say about the school.

Posted October 07, 2013
My daughter is a 6 grader in this school and she loves it. It has a lot of different opportunities for the children. The teachers are great, they work with your child so they can excel above and beyond.

Posted February 23, 2013
I am a parent of a sophomore, who use to go to your school. She attended Young Scholars for grades 6th through 8th, and i was very pleased with the school. Now i am interested in sending my son their; but i have to make sure this is the right school for him; because he has a iep.

Posted April 02, 2012
Young Scholars Charter Schoool is a wonderful school that is filled with great teachers and a beautiful environment. Young Schoars hace reached many goals like, having outstanding scores on the PSSA`s, Great attendence, Having many children on Honor Roll, and many others that are outstanding. They teach students the fundementals and responsibilities that they will need not only as a child but as an adult too. Students graduate from tthat school with their heads held high and ready to take on the challenges that face in life.

Posted September 30, 2011
I am the proud parent of a Young Scholars Charter school student. My child is now in the eighth grade. I have not had any complaints about the school or the education she is receiving. Her test scores (pssa) show this school is on par with teaching, and reaching the students. I recommend this school to parents who are looking for a great school that will allow their child to be prepared for High school. Not only are the students well prepared for Special admission schools, but can compete and shine. Don't let the North Philly location fool you into thinking the school is not funded. This school is well funded and has exposed my child to activities she has never been given in the private school she attended prior to this school. . This is an awesome school.

Posted August 28, 2010
I am a student here at Young Scholars in the 8th grade and it is the best school I ever attended. The teachers show care for every single student and help them set goals that they WILL accomplish by the time they leave the school. YSCS prepares all students for the best possible futures and give them lots of opportunities to shine. Every class challenges you, there are lots of extra-curricular activities for kids to participate in, and the school takes more trips and gives more rewards than any other school in the city. I highly recommend this school to other kids.

Posted August 13, 2010
I am a student here at young scholars i just finshed my sixth grade year in penn6.The school is the best. My teachers actually show care and i dont think my school deserves a 4 out of ten it deserves a 15 out of ten. the school is very challenging. we do a great job without a gym, lockers or a second floor. we use our limited supplies and get through the day.

Posted June 20, 2010
Young Scholars is an excellent school. The school really challenges the students. The teachers are very helpful and caring. I would recommend this school to any parent that has a child entering the sixth or seventh grade.

Young Scholars Cs 0

Posted November 05, 2009
As a brand new graduate of the Young Scholars Charter School, and a current student at the Friends Select School, I must completely disagree with the rating in which the School District of Philadelphia has given my family. Not only have they been amazing educators, providing quality education and skills necessary to complete work of all kinds, these same people have been the crucial elements necessary to building a respectable African-American man. Serving fewer than 300 children in grades 6-8, Young Scholars Charter School is a fairly small school dedicated to the educating of Philadelphia's youth, myself included. The size of the school allowed relationships between both teachers and students that could not be foraged at typical public schools. The efforts at Young Scholars need to be recognized in a much better way than a rating of 4 out of 10, and I can say that honestly and without biases.

Young Scholars Cs 4

Posted September 30, 2008
I like coming here as an student and getting to know people around me. It is so nice and welly ran with no principal. I gaurentee to spend the rest of my 7th grade year and exceed into my 8th grade year. This is one of my best choices

Young Scholars Cs
900 N. Marshall Street, Philadelphia, PA  19123
Last modified Young Scholars Cs is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Young Scholars Cs Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top