Public charter
Philadelphia, PA

Freire Cs 5

Posted August 29, 2014
This school is great I would definently recommend it . Students are well taught . I would just suggest they pack their own lunch.

Posted April 18, 2014
I am a future parent, expecting to start 09-2014. After going to the open house, I was thoroughly impresssed with the staff and the school's vision and mission. The staff truly love being educators and want the best for all the students. I then went to their board meeting and again was impressed by their know and passion to provide the best education to the students. Lastly, I had a meeting with the head of academics and again was impressed with what they area able to provide the students-raising the reading and math levels, no bullying policy, music and other programs to address the students creative interest.

Posted April 06, 2010
I am a parent of an student @ Freire Charter School. I feel that Freire Charter School is one of the Best schools that really inforce the CODE OF CONDUCT! This school will not put up with violence in or outside of the school & because of this students can focus on education @ all times. My daughter is an honor student & she works hard to maintain her grades. Freire really prep. students for college & your child will work hard . Most of all they will be ready & proud @ the end. I must say that if you are a parent that will make time for your childs education & communicate with the teachers well,...you should not have any problems.

Posted November 30, 2009
My daughter is in the eleventh grade with a 4.0 gpa avg. This school can be ridiculous with their strict rules and attitude. The teachers are not attentive, they have bad attitudes. The leaders are just as worst as the teachers. Yes the academics are good but are horrible when a student wants to understand the work.

Freire Cs 5

Posted November 21, 2009
this school is challenging yet not extremely hard. it has a great teacher to student ratio, and it has good rules.

Posted July 15, 2009
As has been said, Freire is a good school for students wanting free college preparation. Every student gets a chance to enter the admissions lottery. Once accepted, we assume that college is their goal and our standards reflect that. Many students thrive and are accepted to 4-year colleges with scholarships. Some students struggle to catch up academically to college-prep level work, and they must be motivated to take advantage of the supports in place. I can say that the staff members genuinely care about students and want to help them succeed. Yes, the rules are strict, but they prepare kids for professional opportunities and create a safe learning environment.

Freire Cs 1

Posted May 25, 2009

Posted January 28, 2009
This is a great school. The rules are a little tight ,but in the end they are worth it. My daughter was from catholic school and knowing that I didn't have to pay for a decent education took alot of stress off of me. If your child is not serious about their education do not send them there,but if your child is serious , this is the place.

Posted October 02, 2008
This is my sons first year, he is an 11th grader, so far I have been impressed, my son has long term goals set up and one of them is to get into a good college. He has plenty of homework, and he says that he is challenged and that is a plus, the feedback from both the teachers and staff is really on point and you are treated in a respectfully manner, which is always a plus in my eye. I attended the parents night event and was totally blown away because of the high attendance rate of parents and that was truly awesome.

Posted September 06, 2008
I love Freire. It's great school to me. The only bad thing about it is how ridiculous some of the rules are. The teachers always care about how you're doing and if you need help, they give it. I highly recommend this school.

Freire Cs
2027 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, PA  19103
Last modified Freire Cs is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Freire Cs Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top