Public charter
Philadelphia, PA

Posted February 05, 2014
I was accepted into 27 universities. Half of which, I received scholarships including "full rides." Esperanza Academy has given me the essentials I need in order to succeed in life.

Posted November 09, 2012
I must agree with needing to be way more strict when it comes to the girl's uniforms. I have been to quite a few open house meetings where it was stated the "skirt" rule was going to be enforced. I must say that i still see the skirts way too high. Should the girl need to bend over to pick something up, what is underneath will be easily displayed. The skirts are supposed to be probably an inch below knee length but they aren't for a good majority of the female students. Shame on the parents that even allow it knowing otherwise. EA has opened up 6th grade which is wonderful. What isn't so wonderful is the teacher in charge of that class (which is why i did not give all 5 stars.) A hidden camera should be installed so when a child complains of being mistreated, it can be seen as well as heard. What is a child to do when the bully isn't another student but yet, a new teacher to that school. Overall, the other teachers I have met throughout the years for my other child are pretty cool and down-earth along with the security guards. My children do love EA, however, this year has become a challenge for just one. Being a parent who is involved, I am 110% on top of it as it is UNACCEPTABLE!

Posted August 07, 2012
I disagree with all of the bad comments below, Nueva Esperanza is a very good school, i learned alot, & teachers get involved with the students, they dont just stand around giving orders, they make sure the students are understanding what they are learning. there is a no tolerance rule at nueva when it comes to violence which is great because there are almost no fights. I have friends who wish to come back to nueva because they are not getting the help they used to get. Nueva helped me better my education & actually like school, i feel safe & i love all the teachers in the building, everyone there is there to help you, theres not one teacher there who wouldnt stay later if you needed them too. Nueva is as secure as it can get, the rest is up to the parents. I Love nueva & i am so sad that this is my last year. #ClassOf2013

Posted June 12, 2012
I have to say that I am proud to be here. its not perfect, but its a wonderful school.

Posted June 09, 2012
I find the people very rude talking ill about Esperanza, if students fail and misbehave its because of parents children not the school's fault. I am an graduate of 2012 and I love this school very much the students need to behave more and dress proper. But overall it's a awesome school Roberto Clemente was the worst-est compare to Esperanza so go EA! Because my teachers taught me a lot unlike Roberto Clemente.

Posted October 17, 2011
There are good things as most of the students can feel like its home, but it is too much "home." There would be a sense of improvement if the students were disciplined better. I'm a parent of 4 students, but all but one attends catholic schooling. From what is seen in my student after she began her last two years at nea, there is not a significant amount of work given as would need in college. The school could improve by giving less freedom, more work and also preventing the guys from inappropriately "feeling" on my daughter against her will

Posted September 09, 2011
I'm a current student at Esperanza Academy CHS. I have to say that I am proud to be here. So many bad ratings about my school disappoints me so much. The teachers are supportive. The only thing that probably needs improvement is our strictness on uniforms. Like I said, its not perfect, but its a wonderful school.

Posted July 15, 2011
I dislike this school. The females are always hanging on top of the guys, vice versa.. The school is horrible, one of the worst rankings in the state for PUBLIC school. How a shame...

Posted July 15, 2011
I made a mistake sending my child here, she hates me now and it's been 2 years since her graduation and has nowhere to go. NOT for catholic school girls. It's hard to say this in words, but the feeling as a mother not educating her child, it hurts later having to know what I did to ruin my daughters life. Horrible mistake and regrett..

Posted July 05, 2011
I graduated from nea school this year and was supposed to go to college but they told me my counciler didnt send the last transcript out so i cant go. Community college accepted me and i was gonna go part time while workin at wendys to pay for it but the school dont know how to handle stuff right. now I gotta find a better job if the econemy lets me

Esperanza Academy Charter High School
301 West Hunting Park Ave, Philadelphia, PA  19140
Last modified Esperanza Academy Charter High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Esperanza Academy Charter High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top