Public charter
Philadelphia, PA

West Phila. Achievement Ces 5

Posted September 01, 2014
I have been a WPACES parent for three years now. I am also a Drexel Undergraduate Student. That being said I understand what high level education is all about. This year I have kindergarten and second grader attending the school. I am originally from New Jersey and I believe that WPACES location and teaching environment is the safest that the city of Philadelphia could've provide. As far as academics the teachers give the children what they need to be successful and the parent (I) has to apply those techniques at home. Many parents think they can send their child to school to learn and it stops there. We'll it doesn't . I love WPACES !!!!! Any parent who is lucky enough to send their children here will equip them with the tools of success.

Posted October 01, 2013
WPACES is a diamond in the ruff. I have 3 children grades 5, 3, and 1 and my children come home with smiles everyday. It's a school that strives to make everyone feel apart of a family. Teachers and Administration are dedicated to the children and work well with the parents. The male security staff police the school as if the president's daughters attend w/o compromising the family atmosphere. I do think that the academics could be a little more challenging but, overall it is a great school with lots of potential.

West Phila. Achievement Ces 1

Posted September 04, 2013
Don't even think of sending your child here. The administration cares only about the money they are making. Most of the hires are related to one another. My child is in a trailer without a working toilet. As soon as I can I am finding another place for him. I feel like i should send a letter to one of the news stations about this school.

West Phila. Achievement Ces 5

Posted June 17, 2013
I have been a teacher at WPACES for the past three years. I feel fortunate to be part of such a positive learning community. We strive to raise the bar for our students and provide meaningful learning experinces. I would like to share some examples of our active learning apporach. In my fourth grade class students learn all about electricty and then apply their skills to build flashlights! Students build upon their knowledge of story elements by drafting their own plays.We master our multiplication facts by singing and chanting.We anlayze the work of authors to choose strategies to develop our own stories and essays. Our students are motivated and they understand that they must strive for personal learning goals. We provide an extended day reading and math intervention and after school tutoring to provide students with the tools they need to be successful. We also provide extra curricular sports and activities that will enhance our students socially and help foster friendships.

Posted June 10, 2013
I am a parent of a 1st grader who currently attends this school. I feel in the upcoming years this school will acheive great things. I love the indiviual attention my son recives.

Posted June 10, 2013
Almost 2 years now; I love the administrative staff and most of the teachers (I've had some contact with). Yes, they are a bit disorganized, and I feel they need to set a behavioral standard for admission. My 2 children love their school. I have more of an issue with the parents behavior....They don't follow request from the school, yet expect the children to. I can see the passion the staff and teachers have for the success of the children which in turn may be part of the BEHAVIOR issue, seems they want to give everyone a chance. My children are excited about all of the adults they spend most of their day with, they speak of them positively, outside of school. If more parents would parent, I believe WPACES could be a perfect LEARNING environment; one of my favorite things is that the male staff receive and relinquish the students, I view them as protectors and defenders, as this can be especially significant for a child who has no male head in their life. I think any child with a history of negative behavior should be rejected until their parent/parents are done training them (and/or themselves). I see greatness in the acronym W.P. ACES. :-)

West Phila. Achievement Ces 1

Posted October 16, 2009

West Phila. Achievement Ces 0

Posted August 11, 2009
No diversity here, low standard, high teacher turnover, nestled in a congested dangerous area. Very little counselor support for students. School is a work in progress. Teachers are in constant fear of retribution from the CEO. Academic expectations for students are low.

West Phila. Achievement Ces 0

Posted May 28, 2009
I am a parent. My son Keshon has been a part of the wpaces family since he was 9months old. Starting at PeeWee prep daycare center. I love this school. my son entered wpaces in kindergarten and now is currently about to graduate from the 5th grade. Wpaces is a very caring family oriented school. The teachers are very caring and do a great job with the students. Remember no school is perfect and has its ups and downs but overall I give Wpaces an At.. I wish the school went to the eight grade so my son can remain there. wpaces will surley be missed. thanks Mrs.Phillips for all you love and care for the past ten years..

West Phila. Achievement Ces
6701 Callowhill Street, Philadelphia, PA  19139
Last modified West Phila. Achievement Ces is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Phila. Achievement Ces Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top