Red Lion Area Senior High School

Public | 9-12 | 1689 students

Sweep tile

Posted Tuesday, April 15, 2014

My school is awesome and everyone there is so cool and smart. The teachers teach don`t just teach you academic lessons they also teach you life lessons.

Posted November 8, 2013

I am an alumni from Red Lion. The music department was excellent. My teachers and guidance counselor truly shaped me to be the person who I am today. I am thankful for a clean and beautiful school. Thank you Red Lion! I am in college and couldn't be prouder of being a lion. <3

Posted July 31, 2012

The guidance office have been very helpful in getting the classes that my children want and making sure everything fits into their schedule. I feel that the teachers are there to help to the students, providing extra help before and after school. The school spirit is like nothing I have ever seen before, the whole town comes together like a community should. I couldn't have choosen a better place to raise my kids. The quality of friends my kids now have are amazing. The sports teams and marching band activities keep the kids involved and have been like family to each other. Great job RED LION!!!!!

Posted May 28, 2010

I have 2 children who still attend and 2 who have graduated and they all enjoyed the school and the teachers. One is a small business owner, one is attending one of the top Colleges in the country and one will be going to College to become a teacher...

Posted December 1, 2008

I am a former student of Red Lion and I loved it. I am extremely pleased with my years in Red Lion. The teachers and staff are very caring people. Not once did I ever have a problem with an employee here. I am currently in college working on my BS in sec. edu. math due to the inspiration of my previous math teachers from Red Lion. Thank you.

Posted November 7, 2008

I am a parent of a Senior at Red Lion High School and we moved to Red Lion when my son was going into 7th grade. We moved from York City and I think that my son has really adjusted greatly here in Red Lion. He was also a Great student in the City Schools. My son has done well here and always has been a great student. He played football when he came here and this year he decided not to play, the main reason was because he had to have surgery which would have prevented him from playing anyway. He hurt his shoulder playing 2 years ago and it was now time to do something about it. The reason I am telling this story is to tell you that the staff, students and coaches have all been great through everything! GO LIONS!

Posted April 7, 2008

This school is nothing but a speck on a map. There is druggies and everything here.

Posted April 2, 2008

Red Lion is by far a mediocre school. Some excellent programs for those that are advantaged in intelligence or athletics. But for those that are bullied or have an IEP this school lacks! IEP's are not followed, even after points are brought up to the attention of teachers. Children can fail without ever a word from the teachers. Maybe this day and age is different from when I attended school but my parents would have received a phone call from teachers regarding failing work. I find the office people extremely rude whenever I am in there. Customer service is certainly not their forte. My child is also a child that has been picked on, rediculed, and actually physically attacked and the school turns their heads. He once got into a fight for standing up for himself and he was the one punished after months and months of teasing and harrassment.

Posted January 25, 2008

My son would be in jail if it wern't for some of these grest teachers. He is now in college And doing very well

Posted August 27, 2007

My daughter has been picked on and harassed for the past 4 years in the Red Lion district. Reports to teachers and principals have been ignored and when required to report harassment and bullying to the state, Red Lion administrators say that they have no reports of any bullying or harassment. I know better, because my daughter is one of the ones who comes home crying a couple times a week, I am the one that gets the calls when she gets in trouble for sticking up for herself when the faculty looks the other way. I am in the process of looking for a house in any other school district than Red Lion.

Posted June 4, 2007

In my opinion the State standardized testing and the Benchmark exams that the students are required to take at Red Lion, put a great deal of stress on them. Some students can take a test with no problem, and others simply freeze up. I do not support this curriculum. I We take a very active part in our childrens education. The extra curricular activities at Red Lion are excellent, they have a lot to offer.

Posted June 5, 2006

I'am not a parent, just a student and i believe that red lion is an amzing school with a lot of amazing teachers and great staff. The sports and everything that goes along with the school is exceptionally well. I think that sending your student here will benefit them greatly. There are a lot of caring people here and despite the bad incidents that have occured here at red lion, nothing holds us back from learning to get a great education to make something of ourselves. Thank you for your time,

Posted January 8, 2006

Very good academic programs and alot of extra curriculars. Plenty of parent involvement

Posted October 8, 2005

The school is great they learn so much and there are so many extracurricular activitys and chances for the parents to get involved.

Posted April 26, 2005

I am not a parent but a student and I think Red Lion is a great school to attend and the academic programs fit everyones needs and the availability of extra programs are there also and it gives a chance for everyone to be involved and many parents can also be involved no matter their work schedual.

Posted March 4, 2005

I am not a parent, I am only a student, however, I would like to give you my review on our school. I am a senior at Red Lion and I believe that it is a great school, despite what the news may say about us. The few incidents that have happened have really no affect on the students who are in school to learn and not to get revenge or justice. We are a very good school when it comes to education and we have a lot of very bright students. A lot of my friends have gotten very high scores on the SATs... many over 1300. thank you.

Posted February 1, 2005

I do not at all recommend red lion school district, poor principals, unfair teachers, no teacher help with students, my daughter failed because of this school. do not send your kids there.

Posted March 3, 2004

Red Lion High School is a really great school. The teachers are amazing at providing the children with the information they are going to need. Red Lion does a great job at teaching children responsibility. The students are also the schools main priority.

Posted February 16, 2004

I'm a former student of Red Lion High School, I graduated about 6 years ago and have since gone onto graduate from college with a BS in Elementary Education. At the time I attended I didn't always apprectiate the extra effort the teacher's went to keep us thinking and working hard. After attending college though I've changed my mind. Without the diligent efforts of Red Lion's teachers who taught me to think critically, write well, and always improve my work I would have never been able to perservere through all of my college courses. Thanks, Red Lion!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted August 25, 2003

Red Lion Senior High is made up of a high quality staff. There are some really great teachers who care a great deal about their students. At Red Lion the majority of the staff talks to you as an equal rather than as a superior figure which creates an easier learning environment. As for classes, they offer everything from photography to a class where students are able to run their own daycare center. It really is a great school.
—Submitted by a former student

Grade level

Math

The state average for Math was 60% in 2012.

361 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 68% in 2012.

361 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Science

The state average for Science was 42% in 2012.

357 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 83% in 2012.

369 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Scale: % at or above proficient

In 2011-2012 Pennsylvania used the Pennsylvania System of State Assessments (PSSA) to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in math and reading, in grades 5, 8 and 11 in writing, and in grades 4, 8 and 11 in science. The results for reading, writing, science and math are displayed on GreatSchools profiles. The PSSA is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Pennsylvania. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficient on the test.

Source: Pennsylvania Department of Education

White80%
Economically disadvantaged67%
Students with disabilities (IEP)32%
Scale: % at or above proficient

The different student groups are identified by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. If there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group in a school, the state doesn't report data for that group.

Source: Pennsylvania Department of Education

Asian 1% 3%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

200 Horace Mann Ave