Easterly Parkway El School 4

Posted March 22, 2014
No school is perfect, but this is a great elementary school! We have had some amazing teachers, who really get to know each child's abilities and challenge them. The teachers who weren't amazing were still good teachers. We never had a bad teacher in 7 years, with 2 kids. The library is a great space with a nice collection. There are many international students at this school, so children are naturally exposed to other cultures. Sometimes that is a con, when friends move back to their home country. There is not a stand alone gym, it's an all-purpose lunch room/cafeteria, so that isn't ideal, but it works. The playground is spacious and they keep a small garden, with the help of volunteers. The school has been renovated, so it feels modern and maintained. Overall, my kids have been lucky to be here.

Posted February 21, 2012
Moved to the area this past year, and have a fourth-grader who absolutely loves the school. Our overall impression? Great school; great teachers; great kids!

Posted April 25, 2010

Posted June 02, 2009

Posted April 30, 2009
Wow, I stumbled across this site somewhat by accident and was taken aback by that commenter in 2005. Perhaps everything is different now, I don't know. My wife volunteers a lot in the school and she thinks highly of the whole operation. Our youngest is presently in Kindergarten and her sister is in third grade. The teachers and staff have been wonderful. My third-grader keeps a journal where she shares letters with her mom, her sister, and me - I mention this because after writing this review I need to get back to my task of answering her latest letter regarding poems...

Posted May 16, 2008
Lots of fun activities for families, and the teachers are exceptional and caring. The playground is to DIE for and boasts new garden beds for the children to learn about farming. Tons of parent volunteers, friendly office staff/principal - zero complaints and we have been in this school for three years.

Posted February 16, 2007
My son has been in the school for the past three years and has had tremendous support from the principal Dr. Scanlon as well as from the new principal Mr. Peters. The teachers as well as the help amongst student teachers are excellent! I give them an A in terms of their ability to teach effectively and help the students become life-long learners.

Easterly Parkway El School 0

Posted June 18, 2006
- a staff
Most diverse student body in the area.

Posted April 18, 2006

Easterly Parkway El School 3

Posted March 07, 2005

Easterly Parkway El School
234 Easterly Parkway, State College, PA  16801
Last modified Easterly Parkway El School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Easterly Parkway El School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top