4-12|Private

Bad
Good

Wesley Spectrum Academy 5

Posted February 02, 2016
The school saved my life. They were there for me every day and helped me and my friends there tremendously the year I was there and through the years in achieving success.

Posted May 25, 2014
This school and organization is all about the bottom line. The school has changed for The worse since my child has been there. I am so thankful we don't have to return. The amount of stuff that goes on in the school that doesn't make the news is quite unreal. It is unsafe for both the teachers and students. The academics are a joke. Over the past two years, all the good staff have left and it's a shame. I would never in a million years recommend this school to anyone.

Posted October 28, 2013
My son went there for a little over a year and it was a complete nightmare! Don't let your school district send your child there!

Wesley Spectrum Academy 5

Posted October 17, 2013
I go to Wesley Spectrum Academy and I think it has helped me throughout the years that I have been there but this year everything has changed a lot. For starters some of the staff there are to involved in our lives. For example my best friend and her boyfriend had to sign a contract to agree to stop talking about their relationship for a week but the worst part of it is they didn't listen to the students. I think if you are thinking about sending your child here you should those staff members did what they thought was a good thing and the boy and girl agreed it worked for them I love this school it is a very helpful school they want you to succeed not fail. plus there is a great sports program it is a great school. I love the staff there and if i had a child with a disability i would definitely send them here.

Posted September 16, 2013
My child has been attacked in this school on more than one occasion. NEVER was I contacted until far after the fact.

Wesley Spectrum Academy 3

Posted May 07, 2013
I attended WSA and graduated a few years ago. While the emotional support was nice (and needed at the time), I was not challenged enough in some of my classes to prepare me for college. The two teachers that really had a "regular ed" class layout was Ms. Kulla and Ms. Capperrelli. However, there still was no honors classes that I should have been taking instead of regular high school level. If your child does not have a serious behavioral problem and needs college prep classes, I would not recommend enrolling them at WSA. However, if your child has learning disabilities and needs a slower, one on one learning environment ... it could work. Thankfully, because of my previous schooling and some test prep, I still received a 25 or 26 on my ACT and I am attending a good university. I would also like to say that I loved all the staff I worked with very much and if the school had less behavioral problems and more difficult courses, it would have been perfect.

Posted May 03, 2013
The assaults happening this past week in the dungeon basement 8th grade classroom have not been reported to the Police or to the PA Dept of Education thereby creating an unsafe atmosphere for all the students at Wesley Academy. We wonder if ignorance is an excuse or if it just tuition lost if students were transferred to other W programs? In the meantime short staffed situations should be remedied if that is excuse presented to parents.

Posted September 19, 2012
not only does this school not academically challenging, the good teachers are eclipsed by the sub-par teachers, and the admin do not involve the parents in decisions impacting the child. they also overstate (overstate at best, lie about at worst) their capacity to offer children an individualized curricula and appropriate support. wholly disappointing and worrying experience. please, please consider other alternatives before subjecting your child and yourself to the frustration and disappointment. know your rights, know your child's rights. but, also, don't be surprised if the admin act out of spite when you question the way they've handled situations. oh, and if you're child is in pittsburgh public schools, please consider the pps cyber academy as an alternative, which will still allow your child to be eligible for pittsburgh promise, which pa cyber school does not.

Posted March 17, 2012
i would not go with anything with the wesley spectrum name, school or otherwise, it has been one of the WORST companies to deal with.

Posted May 03, 2011
The school is very low in the Academic scale the hold all the students to the same academic level which hinders the other students learning time. they also base the students behavioral on a scale and on Friday they shorten all class periods and then "Reward" the students whom have behaved all week and have earned a average of 93.5% of there points and the other level below that is is also rewarded. Life is not graded by points the world grades you on how successful you are in life so that being said teach some real classes

Wesley Spectrum Academy
243 Johnston Rd, Upper St. Clair, PA  15241
Last modified Wesley Spectrum Academy is a Private school that serves grades 4-12