Public charter
Wayne, PA
Students enrolled: 8,441

Posted April 29, 2015
The only reason I chose Agora is because it's online and I wanted more freedom my senior year. It was great in the fact that I was done with class at 11 am, but the teachers are bad and the staff is rude. My family coach was a nasty person and accused me of skipping class. I have always been an A and B student. Agora wasn't for me and didn't fit my personality. I didn't choose it because I couldn't deal with regular school or I was pregnant like most of the students, I literally chose it because I wanted an easy senior year to transition to college. They force us to do this live session called eagle connection, which is basically "home room" and I had to log on at 3:30 in the afternoon! It makes NO SENSE. Every other school is done at 3:30. Seniors don't get done any earlier like most schools either. Agora goes to June 18th or something. At my old school, seniors are done at the end of May! overall, the teachers and staff that I dealt with were rude and not sympathetic towards my specific needs, but I liked that I was done with school early in the morning.

Agora Cyber CS 4

Posted April 14, 2015
The school is wonderful. When you hear a lot of the complaints it is because the parent is not giving there time along with the student. Its called home school for a reason, because you are the learning coach. I sit in on all live classes and the reason a teacher marks a child absent is they constantly call on them and they don't answer her. The next excuse I hear daily is the mic is broke. Come on every day your mic is broke. Take some responsibility and buy a spare come on people. The work is hard but if you stick to a routine the child learns at a good pace. Our learning coach is always there to help and is never rude except to the parents of the children who just don't seem to get that this is not a free pass to let your child sleep all day. You have to help the teacher on your end. This is a life style to accept. If your not willing to give your child 100% this is not for you. Keep them in public school.

Posted November 23, 2014
Agora Cyber is an opportunity for mining and compilation of info from the student education record, the content of all ongoing school submissions, reprimands, special needs ... and [using IP, names, DOB ... identifiers from the student records] cross-referencing it with non-school online activity and info from the public domain FOR EACH ENROLLED STUDENT/FAMILY. This is done by way of schools having parents click on "Agree" button of the text where many pages down, the vendor reserves ownership to all info submitted to the server.

Posted September 03, 2014
Overall this is an excellent school! Great teachers, excellent communication, and students interact daily in class through web classroom and regularly offered field trips to the zoo, aquarium, skating parties, school events, etc. Great focus on individualized learning plan which makes it very hard for a student to "fall behind," as school is able to adjust curriculum as long as you are willing to communicate with everyone. Reviews less than 5 star are a prime example of parents who do not choose to help their child and are not willing to communicate with school. Communication is key to your child's success, whether in a brick and morter or any other school. Nothing but great experiences here! Highly recommend this school, going on 2nd year with 2 children!

Posted July 09, 2014
Nothing but issues. My son is severly ADD but very smart and brick and morter was just too distracting. After enrolling him during summer break before 10th grade they completely changed the attendance policy relying solely on the teacher to take proper attendance and not decide to count the student absent because they "didn't engage or participate". We moved at the beginning of senior year and have sumitted a change of address twice that still has not been processed but they have called me twice about returning supplies that we never received because all shipments are on hold until, you guessed it, change of address can be confirmed. The icing on the cake was when my son excitedly checked the mail looking for his diploma only to find an empty envelope because it was mailed without being sealed and I still have not heard back from administration after leaving two voicemails over the last two days. The family coach is very flighty to put it mildly and never produced results when contacted. Do yourself a favor and keep exploring all of your options before choosing K12/Agora Cyber Charter.

Posted June 15, 2014
If you're interested in Agora Cyber Charter School, please, for the sake of your child, move on to another school. The curriculum is horrible, incredibly difficult or too easy, my daughter is in eighth grade and my son and other daughter that both completed college had trouble helping her. The family coaches are beyond rude and when calling to inquire about my daughter's report card I was hung up on. Before that I was told that I was "even lucky" that the "Family coach" had her phone with her. The teachers do not know what they are teaching, and the school at times has added on nonexistent absences when my daughter was in class that day. save yourself the headache and utilize another cyber school. The "principal & head of school" are more of a CEO figure and sends out automatic emails when you reenroll in the school each quarter or when they need you to go to Harrisburg and rally for them to get more money. and they send you boxes of books and materials that you NEVER use. For the sake of your child, don't choose agora.

Posted June 14, 2014
I believe the only parents that could like this school are those that are looking for the path of least resistance for their juvenile delinquent. Without a doubt the worst school I ever heard of. Some teachers are OK, they just don't have the tools.

Posted May 22, 2014
Agora Cyber Charter School seems to be set up purely to maintain their charter without regard to real results. Actual teacher led time was months below the standard, once false orientation, computer downtime, and teacher reassignment (teachers will cover off site testing facilities without a replacement assigned for students from other areas. The amount of time is significant. Teachers may not be available weeks at a time. The computer downtime is always inefficient, but at its worst can shut down the school. One outage this year lasted over a week. Worse is that the administrators categorize this time as student absences. Perhaps to disguise the downtime as student's failure rather than the schools.

Posted April 17, 2014
We are new to Agora this year, and new to cyber schooling as well. My four children attended a charter school for several years until bullying just became too much of an issue and I decided to do whatever I could to protect my children. Having four children in four different grades, and not being a big fan of technology,I was apprehensive to say the least.. I have to say the only regret I have is that I did not start Agora sooner. Things are pretty much self explanantory but you do have to be open minded and organized. Sometimes there can be minor computer issues but tech support handles them well and teachers are very understanding when there are difficulties getting into class.The curriculum is challenging, but I believe they are getting a much better education now than at their previous school. Our family coaches and teachers have been so accessible and helpful. The decision to cyber school was hard for us because we didn't know anyone else who had done it but sending them to their former school or our own school district was not an option . The staff at Agora made the most difficult decision of our lives the best decision of our lives.

Posted March 25, 2014
Agora is an excellent school and has helped us make great progress with our children! We where pushed out of old school district when we complained about violence and lack of education in the prior school.We actually got a postem from prior principal saying maybe cyber school. We pulled them that day and extremely impressed with the entire staff,caring enviroment,and the superior education that has helped our children make great progress. We did renew and tell everyone what a positive thing this has been for our family.

Agora Cyber CS
995 Old Eagle School Rd, Wayne, PA  19087
Last modified Agora Cyber CS is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Agora Cyber CS Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 66 reviews. Top