Public charter
Wayne, PA
Students enrolled: 8,441

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted June 09, 2015
Poor communication and no support from teachers and administration. I would never recommend then to anyone.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted June 09, 2015
They left my child feeling defeated in her Cyber experience. She was a Cyber student via K12 in the past with other school and loved the experience. She was left defeated and depressed with the experiences at Agora.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted June 09, 2015
My daughter repeatedly reached out to teachers regarding technical issues that were out of her control. They either did not reply or forced her to repeat test that still would not record results.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 09, 2015
I feel that the administration lacked accountability to the students. The teacher/parent and teacher/student communication was lacking. I have never had less interaction with teachers and administration in my life.

Posted June 09, 2015
My child and I experienced a horrible year. They lack proper tech assistance and do not respond to parents. Their family coordinator assigned to us spend more time text she was busy at testing sites but never assisted us with finding a resolution. My child went from a B average student to barely passing according to their records since their system would not record my child's completed grades accurately. Tests that were completed several times would list as M for missing. She repeatedly e-mail teachers and I the principal with no response or resolutions. So much for the child coming first. Clearly the school is in for Federal Dollars and not the student. WHAT A WASTE OF A YEAR FOR MY CHILD.

Posted April 29, 2015
The only reason I chose Agora is because it's online and I wanted more freedom my senior year. It was great in the fact that I was done with class at 11 am, but the teachers are bad and the staff is rude. My family coach was a nasty person and accused me of skipping class. I have always been an A and B student. Agora wasn't for me and didn't fit my personality. I didn't choose it because I couldn't deal with regular school or I was pregnant like most of the students, I literally chose it because I wanted an easy senior year to transition to college. They force us to do this live session called eagle connection, which is basically "home room" and I had to log on at 3:30 in the afternoon! It makes NO SENSE. Every other school is done at 3:30. Seniors don't get done any earlier like most schools either. Agora goes to June 18th or something. At my old school, seniors are done at the end of May! overall, the teachers and staff that I dealt with were rude and not sympathetic towards my specific needs, but I liked that I was done with school early in the morning.

Agora Cyber CS 4

Posted April 14, 2015
The school is wonderful. When you hear a lot of the complaints it is because the parent is not giving there time along with the student. Its called home school for a reason, because you are the learning coach. I sit in on all live classes and the reason a teacher marks a child absent is they constantly call on them and they don't answer her. The next excuse I hear daily is the mic is broke. Come on every day your mic is broke. Take some responsibility and buy a spare come on people. The work is hard but if you stick to a routine the child learns at a good pace. Our learning coach is always there to help and is never rude except to the parents of the children who just don't seem to get that this is not a free pass to let your child sleep all day. You have to help the teacher on your end. This is a life style to accept. If your not willing to give your child 100% this is not for you. Keep them in public school.

Posted November 23, 2014
Agora Cyber is an opportunity for mining and compilation of info from the student education record, the content of all ongoing school submissions, reprimands, special needs ... and [using IP, names, DOB ... identifiers from the student records] cross-referencing it with non-school online activity and info from the public domain FOR EACH ENROLLED STUDENT/FAMILY. This is done by way of schools having parents click on "Agree" button of the text where many pages down, the vendor reserves ownership to all info submitted to the server.

Agora Cyber CS 5

Posted September 03, 2014
Overall this is an excellent school! Great teachers, excellent communication, and students interact daily in class through web classroom and regularly offered field trips to the zoo, aquarium, skating parties, school events, etc. Great focus on individualized learning plan which makes it very hard for a student to "fall behind," as school is able to adjust curriculum as long as you are willing to communicate with everyone. Reviews less than 5 star are a prime example of parents who do not choose to help their child and are not willing to communicate with school. Communication is key to your child's success, whether in a brick and morter or any other school. Nothing but great experiences here! Highly recommend this school, going on 2nd year with 2 children!

Posted July 09, 2014
Nothing but issues. My son is severly ADD but very smart and brick and morter was just too distracting. After enrolling him during summer break before 10th grade they completely changed the attendance policy relying solely on the teacher to take proper attendance and not decide to count the student absent because they "didn't engage or participate". We moved at the beginning of senior year and have sumitted a change of address twice that still has not been processed but they have called me twice about returning supplies that we never received because all shipments are on hold until, you guessed it, change of address can be confirmed. The icing on the cake was when my son excitedly checked the mail looking for his diploma only to find an empty envelope because it was mailed without being sealed and I still have not heard back from administration after leaving two voicemails over the last two days. The family coach is very flighty to put it mildly and never produced results when contacted. Do yourself a favor and keep exploring all of your options before choosing K12/Agora Cyber Charter.

995 Old Eagle School Rd, Wayne, PA  19087
Last modified Agora Cyber CS is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Agora Cyber CS Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 85 reviews. Top