Posted June 19, 2014
My child has been to this school and it was one of the worst experience for her she was always getting picked on and the teachers do nothing and there's a lot of fights going on at this school all the children are out of control its a mess so glad my child no longer goes there.

Posted January 26, 2013
I just moved in and changed schools from Pleasant Valley, and I have to say, this school is not as put together. They need to straighten up. I mean, not even a week after I came, A teacher was almost fired because he cursed at a student. There are fights occasionally, and sometimes even on lockdown because there are fights outside. It seems in my point of view that the teachers couldn't care less about us, I think they do it just for the money. I understand that they try hard but it's not good enough. The school's books are all torn up because they don't have the money to replace them, and frankly that's just distracting, because we're wasting time looking at what people wrote in the book, instead of learning. There is definitely some racial tension going on with my classmates, and to me, that's just sad. Sorry if you are a nice teacher looking at this and if this offends you in any way. Thank You p.s. incase you didn't realize it, i'm a student.

Posted September 07, 2011
Its going on correctoin action 2 the no child left behind that the feds are backing its a very poor academic school that should be taken over by the state

Posted June 03, 2011
I believe that G.A.R is the best school around Wilkes-Barre compared to Coughlin & Meyers because Coughlin has an infestation of cockroaches & Meyers roof is caving in so G.A.R my best bet. Well i loved G.A.R.

Posted April 29, 2010
this school may have its ups and down,but over all its teaches are great,the food is the best in WBASD,sucurity is very good.The only problem is the fights.Were #2 in most fights in WBASD, only to be beat by Myers.Though the fights dont usually require any adult intervintion,they die out pretty fast.

G A R Memorial Junior-Senior High School 3

Posted April 05, 2010
I am in my freshman year have been in fights i do like some of the teachers

G A R Memorial Junior-Senior High School 0

Posted March 19, 2010
Gar is the best skewl i hacve ever been tooo.....The sports are great it great the teachers care bout u .....

Posted January 04, 2010
My daughter went to GAR and it was awful. Most of the students were disrespectful and were very immature. The teachers dont know how to control there students and the students lack school spirit. I would never even consider this school again for my children.

G A R Memorial Junior-Senior High School 0

Posted October 04, 2009
They have the best band in the area and teachers who care. There music teacher is a very strong woman that keeps on going to help teach our children music and get them ready for districts. Even though she is going through a rough time herself with chemo she is still there for our kids.

Posted August 24, 2009
Gar is the best school ever its diverse and wonderful teachers

G A R Memorial Junior-Senior High School
Grant and Lehigh Streets, Wilkes-Barre, PA  18702
Last modified G A R Memorial Junior-Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
G A R Memorial Junior-Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top