Bad
Good

Bottom line, the school has major flaws. I was a former student, no i was not the best student, and even that did not blind me from the obvious lack of respect i saw. The fights are a big problem. The bullies are everywhere. The police stand guard in the lunch room. There are lock downs while police check lockers, if you don't see red flags by now, you never will. I understand security BUT the school i went to after GAR never had any of these problems, and i never once had to go to the office, unlike GAR. The only reason i give it two stars is because GAR has teachers that i am fond of. I am not sure if they still work there but the teachers are Mr. Lavelle which i know still works there and excuse the spelling if incorrect Mrs. Chopyak, her i am not sure of. In the end i am glad i left GAR because it made me dread every single day i had to see it's prison like exterior, and walk it's halls.

My child has been to this school and it was one of the worst experience for her she was always getting picked on and the teachers do nothing and there's a lot of fights going on at this school all the children are out of control its a mess so glad my child no longer goes there.

I just moved in and changed schools from Pleasant Valley, and I have to say, this school is not as put together. They need to straighten up. I mean, not even a week after I came, A teacher was almost fired because he cursed at a student. There are fights occasionally, and sometimes even on lockdown because there are fights outside. It seems in my point of view that the teachers couldn't care less about us, I think they do it just for the money. I understand that they try hard but it's not good enough. The school's books are all torn up because they don't have the money to replace them, and frankly that's just distracting, because we're wasting time looking at what people wrote in the book, instead of learning. There is definitely some racial tension going on with my classmates, and to me, that's just sad. Sorry if you are a nice teacher looking at this and if this offends you in any way. Thank You p.s. incase you didn't realize it, i'm a student.

Its going on correctoin action 2 the no child left behind that the feds are backing its a very poor academic school that should be taken over by the state

I believe that G.A.R is the best school around Wilkes-Barre compared to Coughlin & Meyers because Coughlin has an infestation of cockroaches & Meyers roof is caving in so G.A.R my best bet. Well i loved G.A.R.

this school may have its ups and down,but over all its teaches are great,the food is the best in WBASD,sucurity is very good.The only problem is the fights.Were #2 in most fights in WBASD, only to be beat by Myers.Though the fights dont usually require any adult intervintion,they die out pretty fast.

I am in my freshman year have been in fights i do like some of the teachers

Gar is the best skewl i hacve ever been tooo.....The sports are great it great the teachers care bout u .....

My daughter went to GAR and it was awful. Most of the students were disrespectful and were very immature. The teachers dont know how to control there students and the students lack school spirit. I would never even consider this school again for my children.

They have the best band in the area and teachers who care. There music teacher is a very strong woman that keeps on going to help teach our children music and get them ready for districts. Even though she is going through a rough time herself with chemo she is still there for our kids.

Last modified G A R Memorial Junior-Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.