Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

They are horrible at getting their points across. Virtually none understand that to get a student to pay attention they have to be interested. its extremely difficult to be interested in something that bores them to sleep because the teacher does nothing but sit behind the desk and complaining about all the papers they hand out and have to end up grading.

Develops character: Disagree

It doesn't. There is nothing fair about this school. Nothing makes any sense and it is far, far, far, from bring fair.

The lunches suck. Most of the teachers don't really seem to care about how their students do. it's all about the tests. Preparing for the tests. All they care about. They take out all the fun in the classroom and wonder why the students are on their phones all the time. But the students are great. the rest of the staff has little to no interest in the well being of the students unless the parents have issues.

My school is amazing, the staff is just great. Our Shop teachers(tech area teachers) are so helpful and understanding. I really think we get an amazing opportunity here.

I'm in the adult education part , everyone is professional and treat you as a person and not as a number.

This school has incredible technical programs and academics are on the rise (ever so slowly) however the violation of student rights by the staff here is so awful that I see it almost every day and have been a victim of it many times. Some teachers try to detain students in detention merely for not doing homework, nothing illegal is going on but they are as close to the edge as you can get with rights violation as I have ever seen in my life anywhere. School should not feel like an unconstitutional checkpoint at any point in time but it is commonplace at YCST. Bottom line: go to the school to get your technical certifications it's not bad, but be ready for a bumpy ride!!

This is my son's first year at the school. He came from Dallastown. We bothe knew it was going to be the polar opposite, I just had no idea that I would shed tears. I won't go into details of what we are going through right now. Since the beginning of this year, I left a total of 26 messages with myt son's shop principal yet I have only been able to speak to her on the phone 3-4 times. I think that they should never complain about parent involvment again.

This school has given my daughter a great education. She is a Senior this year and on the Honor Roll; she is in the Electric Field. I t is great that if the child doesn't like the field he/she has chose can be changed @ least once.

there's alot wrong with this school. materials are extremely outdated!! this needs to be inspected b the state

I am currently a freshman at school here. I like most of my teachers, but some of them don't even help you, one of my teachers gives us reviews and just tells us to do them and makes us watch movies, then just gives us a test and expects us to know it. All the other teachers I have help you but this teacher will just tell you to do it. I am very good in school but have a horrible grade in that class, it makes me angry, because I want to do good in school so I can excel and when I get my report cards with that grade on them I feel like I can't. Also with all the people that come into this school being so different there is alot of fights, it honestly scares me to say anything to anyone.

Last modified York Co School Of Technology is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.