1 star

Veterans Memorial Elementary School 0

Posted December 09, 2005
Hi I am a teacher in Central Falls and I taught at Veterans for 2 years. I am an ESL certified teacher, but my time at VEts was in the mainstream classroom. I would really have to disagree with other posts about English speaking students being left out. Each grade level has an ESL classroom where the ESL kids are taught by a certified teacher. If a child is not in ESL they are in the mainstream classroom where all the kids have proficient English levels.The teachers in Central Falls care very greatly about all students and I am very sorry you had a bad experience during your visits. I can tell you that your experience is not the norm.

Veterans Memorial Elementary School 1

Posted November 27, 2004
I agree. Veterans school seems to push the English speaking kids to the side. Those kids get bored with class and then cause disturbances. My son is adhd and I am constantly asked to raise his medication ! I sat in class one day and it was SO boring! I was like well no wonder he can not pay attention. Just because English as a first language is the minority in this school I do not believe everything should cater to the english as a second language students.. I am trying to get my kids out of this school.

Veterans Memorial Elementary School 1

Posted February 23, 2004
This school is not very cooperative. There are teachers who scream at the children. There are lunch aides who fist fight where everyone can see them and then they brag about it. The teachers have abslutely no patience with ADHD students. The problem in this school as well as the rest in CF, is that 3/4 of the population in each school does not speak English. Now I know it is tough, but, these teachers should also include the English speaking students in class. I know they have ESL classes there, but they should try harder to communicate with the English speaking students, instead of pushing them off to the side and then complaining because these students 'disturb' class, because they have nothing to do.

Veterans Memorial Elementary School
150 Fuller Ave, Central Falls, RI  02863
Last modified Veterans Memorial Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Veterans Memorial Elementary School Rating: 1 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top