Charlestown Elementary School 1

Posted May 08, 2013
I don t feel my son is respect by the teachers/staff. When I expressed my concerns they were dismissed. They need a new principle to start with and just because a teachers been there for 30 years doesn t mean she is still a decent teacher. Not at all satisfied.

Charlestown Elementary School 4

Posted February 02, 2013
Excellent School! We came from Hawaii with awful schools and the 4th grade teacher worked with my daughter in class as well as after school to get her caught up. Most of the teachers new my daughter's name and the office staff knew who I was when I walked into the office. The children there are friendly and welcomed my daughter with open arms. She made many friends and loved to go to school again.

Posted June 08, 2012
This school is wonderful. Dedicated teachers who work with you when problems arise, lots of opportunities for families to attend events and get involved, high test scores and the kids are happy! I have had 2 children attend. Do not hesitate to send your child here.

Charlestown Elementary School 2

Posted May 04, 2007
From the limited perspective of a parent of one child, enrolled for only one year - Academic programs mediocre, curriculum not well explained to parents. Focus on reading, while other subjects largely neglected. Teaching rigid, superficial. Teacher clueless about motivating children, perhaps for lack of understanding of their personalities and minds. Teacher unable and unwilling to deal with any challenges, even minor. Class work totally desoraganized, on pieces of paper (not notebooks), homework very little and not clear. Quiz corrections not clear. Music, art and sports under par. Special reading teacher very good though, knowledgeable, dedicated, communicating very well. Principal helpful, with some limits. Parents not asked to get involved. Communication almost inexistent among parents of childen in the same calss.

Posted February 04, 2005
- a staff
I had the opportunity to work at this school for a college requirement. I can state that this school holds the highest standards for learning. I highly recommend a quality education for your child at this school.

Posted December 09, 2004
All 3 of my kids went through this school. All teachers really care. Strong academicly. PTO is integral part extracurricular activities. School motto is 'A Safe Harbor'. It really is.

Posted September 09, 2003
This is a great school, the parents are involved and they really care about your child. If your child needs additional attention, there's never been a problem for that, because the teachers really care for the children.

Charlestown Elementary School
363 Carolina Back Rd, Charlestown, RI  02813
Last modified Charlestown Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Charlestown Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top