Cranston, RI

Posted June 23, 2011
My Child has attended both schools western hills and west they are schools with uncaring teachers a west has a principal with no personality and a vice principal who just shouldn't be one as a parent they do not even acknowledge me when i walk in the school. There bully policy is a joke i often hear of many kids being bullied my son personally has suffered 7 years of it between the two schools and the teaching is poor they are more concerned with their pension and benefits than teaching the unions should be outlawed in the school sector Cranston schools are a disgrace now

Posted June 22, 2011
I was not thrilled with this school either. My son attended 3 years there and I do not feel like they prepared him academically for High School. I feel as though some of the teachers need to retire and bring in new ones that want to teach and challenge these kids. I feel like the other parent who said all they care about are the standardized test scores, well get used to it because the High School is exactly the same.

Western Hills Middle School 5

Posted May 12, 2008
ive gone here for 2 years, its very safe and ive learned so much. i love western hills

Western Hills Middle School 4

Posted May 12, 2008
I've attended western hills for 2 years. I think it's very safe and teachers make sure we're learning as much as possible. There are great music,art, and sports programs to keep us invloved . when we had a written threat that was a prank the principal handled it perfectly making sure nothing bad would ever happen to us. I've learned more in tow years then i did in 6 years of elementary school.

Western Hills Middle School 2

Posted June 28, 2007
My daughter has attended this school for two years and I am still unimpressed. The homework load is inconsistent and I get the impression that some of the teachers don't want to be bothered with helping a student who is struggling, especially after school.

Western Hills Middle School 5

Posted June 15, 2007
I find this school to be of the highest standard in every aspect.

Western Hills Middle School 4

Posted October 18, 2006
With my youngest daughter just entering 6th grade this year and my older daughter leaving two years ago I must say we are very pleased with the Western Hills Middle School. From the academics to the music program and all other aspects this school has everything to offer. The teachers are top notch and with the new principle this year whom my daughters were lucky enough to be with at her previous school it just keeps getting better. Last but not least it is great to have our middle school sports programs back which will help promote school spirit even more.

Western Hills Middle School 3

Posted September 07, 2006
I am very unhappy with the school. My son is now in the 8th grade and I feel the school is more concerned with test scores than actually making sure the children are achieving on a daily basis. Also this is one of the only schools in RI that do not have the teacher's update homework and other activities on the internet. Which makes it very hard for parents to keep up with our children's academics. Also, I feel that the parent/teacher relationship is not there when it comes to Western Hills.

Western Hills Middle School

Posted March 16, 2006
As a parent of a 6th grader attending this school, I feel that Western Hills Middle School is the safest, most accademically challenging school in the city of Cranston. My daughter is thrilled to be there each day, and has grown tremendously both intellectually and socially as a result of attending this school. The teachers at Western Hills are first rate educators, and care about our children personally, and academically. If students make the best of the learning opportunities this school has to offer, the sky is the limit to their future success. This school has it all!

Posted January 31, 2006
I am not trying to be rude but i was not happy with this school what so ever. The teachers bullied their students and my daughter has been sent home crying for no reason. Her friends also agree. The adcademic programs aren't the best. There is a very good art program and music program but just about none of the parents helped with the school. Many kids that attend this school are not high achivers. Thats my opinion.

Western Hills Middle School
400 Phenix Ave, Cranston, RI  02920
Last modified Western Hills Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Western Hills Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top