Cranston, RI

Posted April 08, 2015
We moved to the community last year and enrolled our children in Peters and it has been a wonderful experience for all of us. The school has embraced us and we feel very much a part of this welcoming community. I am impressed by my children's teachers who are knowledgeable about their subjects, and about how to engage kids, and by a Principal who is right on top of everything in the school, obviously putting the needs of all students first in making her decisions. Working together they have created a fun place to learn and grow and I am so thankful that my children are in their care.

George J. Peters School 2

Posted January 06, 2015
All I can say is I can't wait to get my child out of there the principle doesn't do her job very well!! She isn't the most sociable person either I mean God forbid you actually attend a after school activity or try to improve the environment the children are learning in! This school needs a fun yet professional principle that cares about the students more than the title and the money she carries!!!

Posted November 14, 2014
My children are thriving at Peters and I commend the Principal for her hard work developing a warm and welcoming community, focused on helping all students to succeed. The entire staff is always respectful and approachable and I feel that I have a team of thoughtful and caring professionals ensuring that my children feel safe and supported... everyday!

George J. Peters School 1

Posted November 05, 2014
I have to agree with the last 2 reviews concerning this school. They need to gut it out starting with the principal! The bullying that goes on is shocking and they do nothing about it. When the children reach out to teachers and staff they talk down to them and make them feel it's their fault or lying. These poor children don't feel like their being heard or feel secure in their environment. I'm talking 1st graders!! The teachers are condescending and mean to the kids that need a little extra attention. Laziness. I won't sit back and watch my child's self esteem be affected by their ignorance, I'm pulling them out ASAP!! what a shame

Posted October 08, 2013
I must admit, with limited resources and cuts from the state on education, George J. Peters is impressive. I was very skeptical, my son has been attending GJP for 3 years and it has been a wonderful experience. The school family runs as a team 24/7. They have one focus - a students growth, development and in keeping the family involved. It's not all work, no play. GJP's PTO team is very creative with fun ideas throughout the year. Overrall, this is a well functioning school. I am also appreciative of there No Tolerance for bullying. 5 Stars for you GJP's.

Posted August 01, 2013
I really have to say are school is awesome our factually go above and beyond to ensure that our children learn everything from anti bulling to extra curriculum actives. Our school has a zero tolerance ago the extra mile to talk and to our children in trying to resolve any kind of issue that comes up . I think our school deserves a 5 star rating

Posted October 27, 2011
Great school my son loves going to school everyday he even asks to go early. His teacher is wonderful.

George J. Peters School 2

Posted January 18, 2011
This school is extremely average and void of innovation and cultural enrichment programs. The principle acts like a security gaurd instead of a kind and caring leader.

Posted June 03, 2009
I have a child in this school and I think it is great! The teachers are wonderful and caring. The moral in the school is at a high. I can't wait for my next two kids to come here!!

Posted August 30, 2008
peters is a great school and they definitely care about the children. the teachers and staff are courteous and friendly. i would recommend this school to others.

George J. Peters School
15 Mayberry St, Cranston, RI  02920
Last modified George J. Peters School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George J. Peters School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top