East Greenwich, RI

Posted November 04, 2013
I agree with the previous comment "Unfortunately for such an affluent community it has very little knowledge of the true spirit of education. ... Due to the affluence in this community there are an extraordinary amount of tutors for the students which has inflated the real capabilities of the system. It appears that private schools may be a better alternative if living in this community. "
5 people found this helpful

East Greenwich High School 4

Posted June 21, 2013
"It's time to compare East Greenwich not just to Barrington, R.I., but to Barrington, IL, and Barrington, CA," Podraza said. "We're going to stay number 1 in Rhode Island, but also measure ourselves against the very best nationally." - East Greenwich Patch, April 27, 2011. Two years later. 2013 US News High School State Ranking: Classical #1, Barrington #2, East Greenwich #3. 2013 US News High School National Ranking: Barrington, IL #572, Barrington, RI #593, East Greenwich #970. Barrington, CA does not exist. Mr. Podraza, Please take the action!
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 26, 2011
The building may be falling apart, but I loved going to this school as a teen and I hope my youngest child will enjoy going there next year as well.

Posted September 18, 2010
I am currently a freshman at EGHS. These varsity sports are very good, the music programs are excellent, and the special ed classes are superb. Even though the building is a little run down, it is still in good shape, and a new gymnasium with A/C, which comes in very handy on those hot days in early June. Best four years of my life so far!

East Greenwich High School

Posted October 20, 2009
I graduated from EGHS and I can say with confidence that I was much better prepared than everyone I met at college for life after HS. I knew time management better than anyone and the amount of work at college didn't even compare to that of EGHS. I was pushed and pulled in every direction and I credit EGHS with everything I am today. Not only are the teachers and academics fantastic, we have some pretty excellent sports teams (at least they were when I graduated). All of my best memories were made at EG, many of them during the school day. I made the best friends I could ever find because it is such a tight-knit community. Everyone knows everyone and that really is a great feeling. Send your children to EGHS, it was the best 4 years of my life thus far!

Posted May 05, 2009
Unfortunately for such an affluent community it has very little knowledge of the true spirit of education. The bias toward the athletic and brilliant is hugely overstated. If your child is not either of these they will face challenges from the faculty that can cause a child to feel left behind in the process and discourage further learning. Due to the affluence in this community there are an extraordinary amount of tutors for the students which has inflated the real capabilities of the system. It appears that private schools may be a better alternative if living in this community.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 28, 2008
The best four years of my life!

Posted January 12, 2005
As a grad of this school I can say that it is one of the best around. I have moved from many towns (E Prov, Barrington, etc) and I believe that EGHS is the school to beat in RI! The classes are small, the teachers care, and the administration is usually pretty reasonable. The grounds are very well kept. The material that is taught here is also some of the most challenging and rewarding around!

East Greenwich High School 3

Posted October 30, 2004
EGHS has excellent faculty. Incredible, incredibly teachers are the best the state has to offer. It's extremely competitive and kids want to learn here. It has an enormous lack of diversity, however, and that lack extends far beyond ethnic. As my children experienced, it's better to be on the outside.

Posted October 28, 2004
I'm a parent who's youngest child is graduating this year. My experience here is if your child is highly motivated and bright, they will excell here. (I have one) If you have an average child who's highly motivated (I have one), it's not a good fit. If you have bright child who's not motivated (this one too), it's not a good fit. The Special Education program is nothing special. Overall I was/am very disappointed. The administration doesn't seem to understand that's it's their job to motivate the unmotivated child. It's their job to help an average to below average child to their fullest potential too. They should be rooting for all students. It's wonderful to have excellent students, but they will excell no matter what. I hope this is taken constructivly and not be defensive.

East Greenwich High School
300 Avenger Dr, East Greenwich, RI  02818
Last modified East Greenwich High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Greenwich High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top