East Greenwich High School 2

Posted November 04, 2013
I agree with the previous comment "Unfortunately for such an affluent community it has very little knowledge of the true spirit of education. ... Due to the affluence in this community there are an extraordinary amount of tutors for the students which has inflated the real capabilities of the system. It appears that private schools may be a better alternative if living in this community. "

East Greenwich High School 4

Posted June 21, 2013
"It's time to compare East Greenwich not just to Barrington, R.I., but to Barrington, IL, and Barrington, CA," Podraza said. "We're going to stay number 1 in Rhode Island, but also measure ourselves against the very best nationally." - East Greenwich Patch, April 27, 2011. Two years later. 2013 US News High School State Ranking: Classical #1, Barrington #2, East Greenwich #3. 2013 US News High School National Ranking: Barrington, IL #572, Barrington, RI #593, East Greenwich #970. Barrington, CA does not exist. Mr. Podraza, Please take the action!

Posted April 26, 2011
The building may be falling apart, but I loved going to this school as a teen and I hope my youngest child will enjoy going there next year as well.

Posted September 18, 2010
I am currently a freshman at EGHS. These varsity sports are very good, the music programs are excellent, and the special ed classes are superb. Even though the building is a little run down, it is still in good shape, and a new gymnasium with A/C, which comes in very handy on those hot days in early June. Best four years of my life so far!

Posted March 05, 2010

East Greenwich High School 0

Posted October 20, 2009
I graduated from EGHS and I can say with confidence that I was much better prepared than everyone I met at college for life after HS. I knew time management better than anyone and the amount of work at college didn't even compare to that of EGHS. I was pushed and pulled in every direction and I credit EGHS with everything I am today. Not only are the teachers and academics fantastic, we have some pretty excellent sports teams (at least they were when I graduated). All of my best memories were made at EG, many of them during the school day. I made the best friends I could ever find because it is such a tight-knit community. Everyone knows everyone and that really is a great feeling. Send your children to EGHS, it was the best 4 years of my life thus far!

East Greenwich High School 2

Posted May 05, 2009
Unfortunately for such an affluent community it has very little knowledge of the true spirit of education. The bias toward the athletic and brilliant is hugely overstated. If your child is not either of these they will face challenges from the faculty that can cause a child to feel left behind in the process and discourage further learning. Due to the affluence in this community there are an extraordinary amount of tutors for the students which has inflated the real capabilities of the system. It appears that private schools may be a better alternative if living in this community.

Posted June 09, 2008

Posted January 28, 2008
The best four years of my life!

Posted January 07, 2008

East Greenwich High School
300 Avenger Dr, East Greenwich, RI  02818
Last modified East Greenwich High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Greenwich High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top