PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

My three children were blessed to have had this Waldorf education from Early Childhood through 8th grade. They are now thriving young adults. As my husband recently told a family with young children, "Meadowbrook was the best parenting decision we ever made." Educating the head, the heart, the soul. Finding beauty in what they learn, what they create, who they journey with- both teachers and classmates. Becoming more human in a society where other schools are focussing on standardized "products." My husband and I invested in our children's younger years with the confidence that they would be competent and creative in managing their high school and college years.

My daughter transferred to Meadowbrook from a public school. The education she is receiving here is both broad and deep. A Waldorf education is said to meet the child where they are developmentally; letting children be children, while at the same time delivering a beautiful and complex curriculum. My daughter's days are filled with stories and experiences that resonate with her, pique her curiosity and encourage her to think deeply and work with care. In the theme of educating the whole child, she is learning art, music, German, handwork, and woodwork in addition to the 3R's. The music program is top notch as evidenced by the strong MWS representation at the All State Music Festivals and is a joy to experience. The teachers are warm and deeply caring; truly Renaissance men and women and great models of life-long learning. My daughter has made friendships that I know will last a lifetime, and as parents we can say the same about this welcoming and supportive parent community. My only regret is that we didn't make the transfer sooner.

A Nursery through Eighth Grade Waldorf School. Serving Rhode Island for almost 30 years. An arts-based, human-centered, education for children ages 1-14.

Meadowbrook failed in most every aspect of my child's education. I have had positive experiences with Waldorfs, so this if for Meadowbrook only. Overall, it is much too feminine an experience for boys, especially as they enter puberty. The staff all speak in hushed, falsely sweet voices. Mean children's actions are not properly redirected. Children are expected to 'work it out'. After a time the kids learn to take advantage of their teachers with an Eddie Haskel type behavior. Ultimately, because of this and the small class size, a child who is not among the 'in' group becomes totally alienated during their last years there. Finally, although Waldorf teachers are supposed to stay with the class throughout their entire time at the school, it seems that many teachers leave as soon as their kids graduate from the school. So make sure to check if the teacher has any children at the school before you enroll your child. Finally, the schools leadership lacks dramatically in ability and sincerity. A person cannot hide their true self simply by speaking in breathy, sugar coated words. My primary suggestion is to hire more male staff/influencers.

My time spentat this school was amazing. It encompasses the whole person and inspires a love of learning. The learning style is very unique, it creates a love for the arts whether its carving a spoon, making a doll or creating own text books. I can't exlain half of what this school was for me. It is so welcoming. The teachers are more than just teachers. It gave me a love of nature, arts and learning. While inspiring me to be so much more than a strait A student. I transitioned well into high school and now look back on my wonderful memorys of meadowbrook.

wonderful place for kids to be supported and ignite a love of learning. a curriculum that encompasses academics, arts and athletics

A great school, devoted to excellent education that awakens natural curiosity and lifelong love of learning. I was a part of the pioneer class in RI, and feel quite fortunate to have had parents that valued education so much. I would highly rec. to most families searching for a meaningful school and community, that will serve its students long after graduation.

Last modified Meadowbrook Waldorf School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8