Posted May 01, 2012
My three children attended this school, and there are not enough positive things to say about it. The teachers are outstanding -- they are innovative, committed and caring. In addition, there is a wonderful community at MJF, very warm and welcoming.

Posted March 08, 2011
My son attend this school and we are thrilled. It is a great facility, with top notch teachers, great kids and many after school activities. The whole school community is dedicated to providing an excellent learning environment for all the childen. Whether a child is a top performer, needs a lot of help, or middle or the road, he or she appears to get the attention and help needed. Take a visit to the school and see the dedicated teachers, engaged parents and happy kids in the classrooms, gym and playground. An excellent school.

Posted March 03, 2011
This is an incredible school. It has all the key ingredients - dynamic, dedicated, master-level educated teachers, a hands-on skilled principal, and a highly motivated involved parent populace. My son loves this school. He has been so happy here. It is the reason we live in Rumford. We love this school. It is not surprising that it boasts high NECAP scores too!

Myron J. Francis Elementary School 1

Posted October 22, 2010
Don t believe the hype! Here are five reasons why this school is on the decline. 1) Changing socioeconomic demographics in Rumford. 2) Kids are being bused in from out of Rumford and out of district. Why should we subsidize children from other cities and towns because grandma or auntie lives in Rumford or East Providence? 3) Some of the teachers flat out don t care. Good luck seeing them in the school yard at start of the day or dismissal. 4) Teachers and administration are at war and you and your kids will be caught in the crossfire. 5) Kindergarten is quarter day. Yes, quarter day. What can a teacher teach and a child learn in only 2 hours of instruction?

Posted April 25, 2010
In addition to being a teacher at MJF now, I am also a parent of two sons who went to MJF when it opened in 1989. It had then and has now, some of the most dedicated teachers I have ever had the pleasure to know and work for. The principal, Ms. Leddy treats everyone with respect and caring. I love MJF.

Posted July 16, 2009

Posted October 26, 2008
I loved this school! I just graduated, and I miss the school soooooo much! I wish I could go back! I loved the academics! I loved join choral, band, and after school programs. I was sooooo sad when I left! For chorus I sang two solo songs! I also made a lot a friends! The teachers are very nice. I miss you MJF!!

Posted December 13, 2007

Posted March 30, 2007
Myron J Frances is a fantastic elementary school. Parents are always welcome, the PTO is very active, the teachers are generally wonderful with the kids and try to individualize their teaching for each individual student.There are also many extra family oriented activities in the school. My older child is graduating this year and my younger child is finishing 2nd grade and they have both had very positive experiences in the school.

Posted January 25, 2007
i've been to many schools since i've moved but over all this is the best one i recommend people in east providence go there

Myron J. Francis Elementary School
64 Bourne Ave, Rumford, RI  02916
Last modified Myron J. Francis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Myron J. Francis Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top