Bad
Good

I have not been happy with Wyman school. I feel the principal has not listened to our concerns and I feel he has been dismissive at times. I feel our child is not receiving the help that our child needs. I wish our child was in a better school; it has felt like a nightmare. The only bright spot are the teachers who seem to genuinely are and advocate for our child.

I have been a Wyman teacher for over twenty years. I genuinely love everything about my job! This school provides a comfortable, positive learning/ teaching environment where the safety and well-being of the children ALWAYS comes first. We have a strong,dedicated, compassionate principal, Mr. Ron Celio at the helm, who encourages all in our learning family to be their best.

The principal at Wyman is a zealous advocate for what he believes is best for Wyman students. He holds his students faculty and all staff to the same high standards he models as principal.

The principal is argumentative and beligerent when talking on phone . Doesn't want to address problems with teaching staff. Actualy yelled at me over phone. Had to call superintendant to get any resolution. Very unprofessional and immature, some teachers OK.

Wyman Elementary is an asset to the community. The environment is friendly and the teachers are caring. From our experience, the students are almost universally well-behaved. There is a high level of parent involvement in the PTA. If there is a downside, perhaps it is that a sizable segment of the student body is not as motivated to learn as it should be. At its roots, this problem is, of course, a PARENTING issue, but its impact on the student body as a whole, is undeniable. That said, with a reasonable amount of parental oversight, a child can be expected to flourish at this public school. The 'ALAP' advanced learners program, although woefully underfunded, is a gift from heaven.

I love the fact that they are very welcoming to new students.

My daughter graduated from Wyman and is now in Middle School. She loved her experience at Wyman as well as I. Wyman is a community of caring and dedicated individuals from the parents to the principal who care about the students and their progress. Their enriching ALAP (advanced learning) program brings this school to A+ status.

Last modified Wyman School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.