Warwick, RI

Posted October 16, 2014
I have been a Wyman teacher for over twenty years. I genuinely love everything about my job! This school provides a comfortable, positive learning/ teaching environment where the safety and well-being of the children ALWAYS comes first. We have a strong,dedicated, compassionate principal, Mr. Ron Celio at the helm, who encourages all in our learning family to be their best.

Posted October 16, 2014
The principal at Wyman is a zealous advocate for what he believes is best for Wyman students. He holds his students faculty and all staff to the same high standards he models as principal.

Wyman School 1

Posted June 18, 2013
The principal is argumentative and beligerent when talking on phone . Doesn't want to address problems with teaching staff. Actualy yelled at me over phone. Had to call superintendant to get any resolution. Very unprofessional and immature, some teachers OK.

Wyman School 4

Posted January 17, 2010
Wyman Elementary is an asset to the community. The environment is friendly and the teachers are caring. From our experience, the students are almost universally well-behaved. There is a high level of parent involvement in the PTA. If there is a downside, perhaps it is that a sizable segment of the student body is not as motivated to learn as it should be. At its roots, this problem is, of course, a PARENTING issue, but its impact on the student body as a whole, is undeniable. That said, with a reasonable amount of parental oversight, a child can be expected to flourish at this public school. The 'ALAP' advanced learners program, although woefully underfunded, is a gift from heaven.

Posted October 03, 2009
I love the fact that they are very welcoming to new students.

Posted September 23, 2008
My daughter graduated from Wyman and is now in Middle School. She loved her experience at Wyman as well as I. Wyman is a community of caring and dedicated individuals from the parents to the principal who care about the students and their progress. Their enriching ALAP (advanced learning) program brings this school to A+ status.

Posted September 05, 2005
We came from Prov. and I have 2 children at Wyman. We love how all the parents are involved in all the activities provided. Teachers are in tune with what each individual students needs. Wyman is dedicated to improving already strong academmic scores in reading and math. We actually recently purchased amother home in the same district just so that my children can stay at this school. I'll be sure to send my 3d child there. In addition, Wyman has a diverse community that brings lots of things to our children's growing minds.

Posted October 04, 2004
I have a son that attends Wyman. He loves it and I love it. This school cares about the children in every way. Parents are highly encouraged to be involved. Students are encouraged to do their best and have a safe and fun learning environment I feel fortunate to live in this school district.

Wyman School 4

Posted October 03, 2004
I have a child in grade K here. I really like this school. It is not only close, it is also a friendly and safe school.

Wyman School
1 Columbia Ave, Warwick, RI  02888
Last modified Wyman School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wyman School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top