Woonsocket, RI
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Good Shepherd Catholic Regional School is very proud of our standards towards both professionalism and our teaching of high moral values. We are happy to have the support of the pastors of our member parishes which is a testament to our ability to uphold these standards throughout our school year. The safety of our students and staff is of utmost importance to us. Our Principal and staff have provided many years of longevity which is clearly indicative of their dedication to our students, families, parishes and communities. With that being said, we live in an ever changing world that Good Shepherd strives to stay well informed and in tune with the constant demands of that scenario. Although we strive to provide the best to our families our decisions are not always popular but will withstand the test of time to provide every student a safe, healthy, faithful and enriching environment. We, at Good Shepherd are always open to constructive criticism so that we can grow and adapt to the constant demands of a fully accredited and outstanding academic environment. We open our hearts to those that need love, when we open the avenues for their itellects to flourish.
November 28, 2012

Good Shepherd Catholic School 2

Posted June 04, 2014
My school is okay depends how long you've been there I've only been here for six years some years were not fun and If you have a problem or some one is bullying DO NOT tell the teachers they don't do anything but tell you to go somewhere quiet talk that out but that doesn't help all the time.... Besides that and that some kids are really snobby and rude the school is pretty cool............

Posted June 25, 2012
I highly recommend this school for academics and morals, Individualized attention and everything I want for my children.

Good Shepherd Catholic School 1

Posted May 27, 2012
well where do I start. I send my kid there to learn good morals and a high standard of professionalism. I figured if my son was exposed to good role models such as his teachers and the priest he would be fine. It has been a nightmare. the principal is truly a mean spirited individual who orders his teachers to crucify my son for things he did last year and before under the term "track record". My son got hit and punched but he was punished. His track record spoke for him. They nitpick and give detention for speaking without holding arm out. I mean detention!!! How about detention for using too many hand towels. My son was suspended for two days for accumulating many detentions for these kind of infractions. The principal even told my son he wished that he weren't in his school as a student. They collectively punish a kid because they meet and discuss their students with each other. what an awful environment. looking for an alternative.

Good Shepherd Catholic School 1

Posted February 08, 2011
This school has nothing from the "A great school has:" list. They treat my son terribly for no good reason, and he gets in trouble for the dumbest things, that any other school would call "Kids playing". He said kids got detention from touching snow, and from walking on ice. If there are even the smallest puddles outside, recess is cancelled, Their lunch system makes no sense, the work assigned is way eaiser than it should be. The teachers and principal have also been rude and unhelpful towards me on the phone, and my son has told me that after the principal and I were done talking, he muttered something about wasting his time. I also know my son isn't lying, because he isn't spoiled or bad-tempered, and I can tell he really means it. I would rather have my kids in boot camp for the year, and this school is definitely not worth the money. If you read this and still bring your son/daughter to this school, I warned you.

Posted August 15, 2009
There does seem to be truth in what your saying. i.e. when there are limited spaces for a club or group it is evident whose child/children will be picked. This is a great school, but that is a rather unfortunate aspect of it.

Posted October 20, 2008
I attended Good Shepherd last year, and am now attending Mount Saint Charles Academy, and the things that I learned in that school is not any different than what I am learning now. The teachers are amazing, and gear to prepare their students for highschool. That is exactly what they do. the school is small and very close, were more of a family than a school. It is simply amazing !! If I could I would go back.

Good Shepherd Catholic School 4

Posted August 07, 2008

Posted July 13, 2008
Good Shepherd is a wonderful school. The work load may be a lot, but you learn so much there that it does not matter. This is my 4th year at Good Shepherd and I have hardly any complaints about it at all. K.W.

Posted June 24, 2008
Overall I am happy with this school. It is by far better than the public schools. However, it can be very 'clicky'. If you are on the PTO or are a former students you can do whatever and get away with breaking dress codes etc. You get picked for all the chaperone openings and your kids get picked for all the best jobs/roles available. I often feel looked down upon because I am a single mom and we get help with tuition. My child loves her friends and I do feel it is better than a public school.

Posted October 11, 2007

Good Shepherd Catholic School
1210 Mendon Rd, Woonsocket, RI  02895
Last modified Good Shepherd Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades 3-8
Good Shepherd Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top