Posted October 27, 2014
My son is in the seventh grade at Mount this year. I was a little nervous about having seventh grade with seniors. It has been a tremendous experience for him. The older students look out for and care for the younger ones. I am so excited that Mount Saint Charles is offering a sixth grade next year. My next child can't wait to get there. From the teachers and staff to administrators and coaches the care and concern for each and every student is tremendous.

Mount St Charles Academy 2

Posted August 26, 2014
Both of our children graduated from Mount within the last 3 years. We chose Mount because there were too many violent and disruptive events in the public middle school. Mount prides itself on what it claims to offer, but they seem to be stale and fixed in the old ways of education. The guidance department tried to talk our children into taking more AP and upper level academic classes to prepare for college. They discouraged arts electives by giving us misinformation about what the colleges were looking for. One of my sons could not wait to graduate. Mount says it is a family, but that is only if you are a third generation Mount Family. They think they are caring and everyone there is happy, but couldn't seem to care if we transferred our son out. My kids fell through the cracks while the school was too busy trying to advertize "MOUNT PRIDE" to notice. With the higher tuition and declining enrollment, they should NOT be acting like this. Some of the top administrators don't even look up and greet parents who volunteer there regularly. Change needs to be made and Mount doesn't seem to know where to begin. Begin by doing what you advertize.

Posted May 29, 2013
The teachers really care about the students. Great sports for the kids. The students help each other the moral support is huge there.

Posted December 05, 2012
The best kept secret in education for Southern New England. This school is small enough that the student is known, valued and treasured by the faculty, yet they compete in division one athletics in many sports and have one of, if not the best, fine arts departments in the state. My child has been there since grade 7. She is a Junior now. Tuition in 2013 will be $12,000 for high school and less for Junior High. Though this is not cheap, it is thousands less than La Sale and other Catholic Schools in the state. And Mount offers a more intimate class room than La Sale and Hendricken. The kids love the school and the teachers are second to none. There are more clubs in this school than you would imagine for the number of students. I've notice that if there is an interest from a handful of students, some wonderful faculty member is willing to moderate it! Recently added clubs I've seen added are, the Aneme club, Fitness Club, Ping Pong, Gaming Club (computer games), Flag Football, Chess, and History Round Table. All of these clubs were created because the kids went to teachers and asked, "can we have a club?" It speaks volumes to the commitment of the faculty! GO MOUNT!!!

Posted December 05, 2012
I've been teaching here for 27 years. The kids here are the best you will find anywhere. There is a sense of community that I never had when I was in high school. Kids really, truly get along and the rate of success of these fine young men and women is exceptional. Every year I am amazed at the scholarships they receive from colleges! Coming from a college prep. program with so many extracurricular activities and a caring dedicated faculty - they are set up for success from the beginning. Students who "want it" get the help they need and more. From what I have seen, kids grow with confidence and ultimately over achieve. It is the reason I have stayed here so long without burning out. I am sending my own child here now, and could not be happier or prouder with my own student's progress.

Posted December 05, 2012
Can't believe this place! Faculty is caring and make EVERY STUDENT feel special. The school is filled with students you would want your child associating with! There are so many clubs and activities available, your child will not have a problem finding something that interests them. My child comes home excited to tell me how great this school is just about every day!!! It is far more than a school - that's what makes it worth every penny. The academics are second to none, but that is only one part of the value of Mount St. Charles. Commitment to these young men and women from the teachers, service opportunities, and a total experience that includes mind, body and spirit make this an education for the whole person! It's the best choice I have ever made to send my child here! Thank you MOUNT!!!

Posted November 11, 2012
I graduated from Mount, and I really do miss it. It prepared me very well for college. I am so glad I chose to go to Mount instead of public school. I attended public school before I went to Mount, and I can honestly say that Mount lives up to its mission. I felt like I was part of the Mount "family," as cliche as that sounds. The teachers really care about their students and are willing to help if the student puts the extra effort in. I took challenging classes, but there are also classes that are not as challenging. These classes still teach you invaluable skills that can be used inside and outside of the classroom. Not only are the academics great, but the emphasis on service to the community and people around you is another great teaching at Mount. This shaped me into a compassionate person. I am always thinking of ways I can reach out to the community and other people now. One day I hope to send my children to Mount to experience the outstanding education and experience that I had.

Posted August 21, 2012
I have had two sons graduate from Mount. They both have been very successful in college. I credit the quality education my children received with much of that success!

Mount St Charles Academy 3

Posted August 20, 2012
I have attended Mount Saint Charles for a certain number of years and have found it satisfactory yet also in many ways unfair. It is not as good a school as most people would think and the guidance counselor in Mount Saint Charles only makes it worse. Many of the people there are nice but there are also some real jerks.

Posted March 05, 2010
Two of my sons graduated from Mount, and my youngest is there now. I have found it to be an absolutely incredible school. Extra help is always there when needed, extra-curriculars are top notch, and all teachers go above and beyond to really make the experience as good as it could possibly be.

Mount St Charles Academy
800 Logee Street, Woonsocket, RI  02895
Last modified Mount St Charles Academy is a Private school that serves grades 7-12
Mount St Charles Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top