Anderson, SC

Concord Elementary School 2

Posted June 02, 2014
Redistricting has hit Concord hard. They were just fine with the average kid was from a middle to upper middle family, but now with a average mix of the local population added in, they just can't compete. Now they seem burdened, slow, and tired. It's the same teachers and the same programs, but it isn't at all like it was when we sent our son to 1st grade. If this had not been his last year, we would have tried to move him elsewhere. I honestly don't know how the other local schools compare, but I would think twice now before sending my children to Concord. They simply did not absorb the redistricting successfully.

Posted April 29, 2014
This is a great school. Program is very interesting. Staff is dedicated and full of ideas. We are really happy with this school. I`d recommend this school to everybody.

Posted September 23, 2013
All three of my children have been pupils at this school, one is now in high school in honors programs and one in middle school eligible to do his psats this year, their elementary schooling was of a very high standard setting them up for a successful middle and high school education. My youngest is presently in 5th grade and have a child with ADHD can be trying , her teachers have worked closely with us monitoring her progress and whether her medication is helping or hindering her progress. They have a very proactive approach to problems such as bullying with zero tolerance and considering problems we had at a prior elementary school I am very satisfied. They encourage extra-curricula activities such as " kids on key", running club, Spanish club, The Buzzword- school newspaper, written by 5th graders and 4th graders. They reward the kids for good character traits and behavior and attendance. Going to miss this school when my youngest moves to middle school thie end of this year.

Posted August 30, 2011
My whole family loved this school! The teachers were excellent and very caring. The principal was a great leader who greeted the children daily and knew each child by name. It is and IB school that teaches wonderful values about education, learning, and citizenship. And they have a wonderful gifted and talented program. Parents are very involved. We were very sad to move away. No school since has compared to Concord.

Concord Elementary School 3

Posted May 16, 2011
This school was once a great school. It is old now and lacks the leadership it once had. Look towards the newer schools: Midway and an even newer one to open in a year or two in North Anderson!

Posted October 19, 2009

Posted May 30, 2004
- a former student

Concord Elementary School
2701 Calrossie Rd, Anderson, SC  29621
Last modified Concord Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Concord Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top