1-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted January 24, 2016
I would like to say thanks facetiously to the Spanish teacher who is truly cruel and not a good teacher at all. She is married to the Admissions man so she gets away with this type of behavior.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted January 24, 2016
I have a great amount of disrespect for the Spanish teacher. She is married to the Admissions Director and there is a lot of inbreeding in the school. Somebody is related to somebody...they are all related in some way. I do not think this is good.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted January 24, 2016
It is COMPLETELY unreasonable and my son stays awake until 2 in the morning (as a freshman) to complete homework. Also, they have no comprehension about a student coming from another school. They think that student should be in the same place as the other students. Ain;t gonna happen.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted January 24, 2016
The amount of homework and the lack of respect only teaches them to hat the school even more. This is an unreasonable school. They need to individualize more....they only individualize when YOU PAY for tutoring. In a school that charges this much money, there should be NO TUTORING. The teachers should make sure the kid understands.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted January 24, 2016
Respect for one another is a joke. They have no respect for kids, how can they teach respect. This is especially true of the Spanish teacher. She is very disrespectful to parents and students.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted January 24, 2016
I believe they talk about it in Chapel mostly, but kids really cheat and the language is horrible for a Christian based school. I am horrified that my sone has to go through this. We do not have those kinds of things go on in our home.

Porter-Gaud School 1

Posted January 24, 2016
My son started this year after going to another school across town. It has been very difficult in transition and the staff did VERY LITTLE to help my son. I think I made a BIG MISTAKE.

Porter-Gaud School 1

Posted October 18, 2015
I would have to say, I agree with the other kids at school. We don't know what it is like in a any other school cause we go here and have all our lifes

Grateful to: Student

Posted October 18, 2015
Okay, we all agreed that we would write something. I guess I mostly agree with the other kids. I really don't have anyone to thank- maybe my parents for paying and helping me get through.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted October 12, 2015
They have favorites. They do NOT teach. Oh, Hyde will tell you the teachers care, but they don't- believe me! He needs to get a life. I can only think of three teachers my whole time here that I liked.

300 Albemarle Road, Charleston, SC  29407