1-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

I have a great amount of disrespect for the Spanish teacher. She is married to the Admissions Director and there is a lot of inbreeding in the school. Somebody is related to somebody...they are all related in some way. I do not think this is good.

Amount of homework: Disagree

It is COMPLETELY unreasonable and my son stays awake until 2 in the morning (as a freshman) to complete homework. Also, they have no comprehension about a student coming from another school. They think that student should be in the same place as the other students. Ain;t gonna happen.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I believe they talk about it in Chapel mostly, but kids really cheat and the language is horrible for a Christian based school. I am horrified that my sone has to go through this. We do not have those kinds of things go on in our home.

My son started this year after going to another school across town. It has been very difficult in transition and the staff did VERY LITTLE to help my son. I think I made a BIG MISTAKE.

I would have to say, I agree with the other kids at school. We don't know what it is like in a any other school cause we go here and have all our lifes

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

They have favorites. They do NOT teach. Oh, Hyde will tell you the teachers care, but they don't- believe me! He needs to get a life. I can only think of three teachers my whole time here that I liked.

Amount of homework: Disagree

OMG don't even go there. We have at least 6 hours every night and 12 hours on weekends. There are just NO fun times here except maybe the Halloween Carnival.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Kids cheat all of the time. The honor code is a joke. Fairness...with all of the faculty sending there kids here and only paying a piddle of what we pay...FAIRNESS? huh?

I go to school here. It is a small school and you get sick of the same people all the time.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

It depends on the teacher. The Honors Spanish teacher is lousy, SOME English teachers are good, girls health teacher is EXCELLENT. Honors Biology teacher, not so good. Technology department- IFFY. Final results, there are good and not so good teachers and I would go so far as to say they have some LOUSY teachers. The elementary school and middle is about the same. Elementary principal is very stubborn.

Last modified Porter-Gaud School is a Private school that serves grades 1-12