Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 07, 2016
I am grateful to Steve Tirozzi, my daughter's current teacher. The attention and concern he shows his students (and has shown to us) goes far beyond his duty. His good humor and excellent teaching skills are also much appreciated.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted March 07, 2016
Young kids get too much homework, in my opinion, but I think that's a nationwide problem.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted March 07, 2016
I'm pleased with the anti-bullying and anti-clique measures the school takes. I don't hear much about hurt feelings or gossip. The teachers seem to have a good handle on social dynamics.

Posted March 07, 2016
My daughter has been at Stiles Point for 4 years, and every year I have been so pleased with her experience. The teachers and staff are amazing, and it seems to just keep getting better and better! I picked Stiles Point before we picked our house (we moved to Charleston 5 years ago), and the school has exceeded my expectations.

Posted September 12, 2012
Stiles Point is a wonderful neighborhood school where the children are safe, well cared for, nurtured, and taught using creative, hands-on methods by the teachers. The school has a warm and welcoming feeling and everyone from the office staff, teachers, day porter, and principal are very friendly. I am impressed by the student work displayed in the halls and the fact that all students always appear to be actively engaged in the classrooms. Stiles Point reminds me of the elementary school I attended as a child. Wonderful school!

Posted June 10, 2012
The teachers, parents and principal go above and beyond to ensure our children recieve the best education. Thank you!

Posted October 12, 2010
This school is managed by the parents and teachers. The principal is lacking in communication skills and needs to be more approachable. The school has strong teachers here. There are a few special area teachers who need to be weeded out but other than that, the teachers here work hard. The principal has been there too long and just needs to give someone else a turn. His time is up, and it shows. He does not know the children at all. If I walked up to him with my child and asked him to tell me her name...he would not have a clue!!

Posted May 19, 2007
Transferred my 2 girls (2nd & 3rd grade from Savannah /Chatham Schools) What a relief! Better Staff, Better Student to Teacher ratio, Better curriculum

Posted March 02, 2005
My child, Krystal Y Delgado, has been attending Stiles Point Elementary since first grade. She has learn so much and is very well liked and loved by everyone there. She's very much comfortable and happy with the teachers and staff. The principal, Mr Burger, is very nice and kind with everyone and knows every children very well. Teachers are highly skilled and they work hasrd to bring out the best of every child. Overall, I'm very please how the school works with the children and parents and for everything the school and staff has done for my child. Thanks for your hard work. Sincerely, Ms Yamarie Rodriguez

883 Mikell Dr, Charleston, SC  29412
Last modified Stiles Point Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.