PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)

Summer Programs at Hammond are incredible! My daughters have attended Hammond's Hawk Ridge full day camp for the past 3 years and had the time of their lives! The Camp Counselors are very engaging with the campers and their parents. Since Kevin White took over Hammond's auxiliary programs, we decided to send our daughters for the summer because we heard so many wonderful things that were implemented under Kevin's direction and leadership. He has created an exceptional summer program. My family highly recommends it to everyone!

I am so impressed with the number of enrichment offerings through Hammond's PLUS Programs. Also, Hammond offers more than 100 different summer programs and camps every year. My child attended Hawk Ridge Camp and absolutely loved it! Highly recommend your family checking out these great additions to Hammond.

Hammond has been a wonderful experience for our children. From the amazing education to the warm and nurturing environment, they have absolutely thrived! While my children are very different from each other, the Hammond experience has been better than we could have imagined. Their unique abilities have been fostered and developed and led to wonderful self confidence. AF

We’re in our third year at Hammond, and both my kids truly love the school. Hammond has a diverse environment which truly enriches each student's experience. The teachers genuinely love each child and care about their emotional, social, physical and academic growth. They are responsive to student/parent concerns. The class sizes are small enough (8:1) so that each child gets necessary attention. The teachers seem to enjoy coming up with creative ways to help the kids learn. My son’s teachers are awesome in nurturing the excitement in him to learn. My children have accelerated their emotional, physical and academic growth while at Hammond. While in Pre-K, my son would come home and inform me of facts that I’d have to go look up myself. The school teaches the students to be independent and responsible. They not only help the students to become independent, but they help the parents to allow the kids to become independent (cut the cord) lol. It’s hard to express how appreciative I am of Hammond family. I’ve watched both my son’s blossom in all aspects of their lives and I can’t wait to see them grow even more in the upcoming years. The academic preparation they are getting is exceptional, but more important to me was the love of learning, exploration, thoughtfulness and kindness toward mankind, social skills, and the confidence that the school is helping to foster. Hammond not only focuses on academic excellence, but they want their students to excel socially, physically and emotionally. They focus on the “whole” child. My children aren’t just a number or statistic, they are individuals who are respected, academically challenged, cared for and loved. And I know when they walk into the halls of any college; they will be more than prepared to take on the challenges that lay ahead of them. As a mother , I can go about my day at work fully confident that my sons are getting the best education, with people that care about him as if he was family.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers genuinely love each child and care about their emotional, social, physical and academic growth. They are responsive to student/parent concerns. The class sizes are small enough (8:1) so that each child gets necessary attention. The teachers seem to enjoy coming up with creative ways to help the kids learn. My son’s teachers are awesome in nurturing the excitement in him to learn. My children have accelerated their emotional, physical and academic growth while at Hammond. While in Pre-K, my son would come home and inform me of facts that I’d have to go look up myself. The school teaches the students to be independent and responsible. They not only help the students to become independent, but they help the parents to allow the kids to become independent (cut the cord) lol. The curriculum is challenging in that it prepares them to be miles ahead of other students when entering college. I’ve heard from several graduates that their college experience has been much easier because of what they have learned at Hammond. There is emphasis on writing, public speaking, math, science and the arts. From Hammonds 2016 graduating class, seventy-two students were awarded a total of $6.6 million in scholarships. This speaks volumes!

Develops character: Strongly agree

There are so many instances where honesty and integrity have been displayed, so much so that it surprised my oldest son when he transferred here. He was surprised to learn that the kids don't utilize locks on lockers, honor system. After practice one day my son left all his personal belongings, including his wallet. He of course was frantic, but he was surprised the next day when all his belongings were returned and intact. I personally have witnessed opponents who have done some questionable things, but instead of retaliating, our boys rise to the occasion w/o any perform with integrity.

When deciding the best school for your child there is nothing better than choosing an environment that not only excels in its academic curriculum but more importantly a true sense of community. Hammond is so much more than a typical school. It is a family. I am humbled that my son is not only receiving a phenomenal education but the sense of having an extended family to be a part of. The faculty and staff go above and beyond to ensure that every child feels this way. As a full-time working mother, I enjoy watching my son grow up in this community. There is always a friendly face to greet parents and children from the headmaster to the crossing guards. I truly enjoy volunteering in several aspects for the school as I feel honored and privileged to be a part of something great. My son truly loves his school and I could not be happier in choosing such an amazing place for him to receive an education.

Develops character: Strongly agree

As an alumni and a parent of the school I can speak completely honestly about Hammond. Looking back on my personal education, I can honestly say I didn't realize how fourtunate I was that my parents sacrificed so much to send me to Hammond for so many years. As a parent I will continue to make sacrifices to send my children to this amazing school. It is more than a school, it is a community, a family and a breath of fresh air in the world we live in. If you want to find the "bad" or the "good" online when searching schools...you can find it anywhere, so after reading and scrolling through all of the reviews I challenge you to just come take a look, give Hammond a call, step onto campus and experiance for yourself what makes this school so special!

Where to start? Hammond's headmaster is a true visionary with tons of energy and passion, and Hammond's faculty are devoted and engaged professionals who are accessible to both students and parents alike. The lower school is essentially addictive- I have NEVER seen students so eager to get to their classrooms and participate in the exciting educational arena that is Hammond. New ideas are encouraged and implemented constantly. There is nothing stagnant about this school. It is cutting-edge... always. The LS principal, Helen Kiser, is warm and fantastically knowledgeable. Best of all, she loves the students AND she loves the parents! The MS head, Todd Fawcett, is always seeking to do what is best for the students and makes himself available at any hour to speak with parents about anything. The US head, Renee Bickley, has been at Hammond for years, knows the ins and outs of education , and is a cherished resource. College counseling at Hammond is second to none. Parents from public schools in the area are constantly bemoaning the deficiencies of their own college admissions programs and trying to access Hammond's. The amount of scholarship money awarded to the senior class every year is utterly astounding. The accolades abound. Hammond's ARTS program is out of this world; this year, for example, the upper school chorus will be singing New Year's Day with the Sistine Chapel Choir at The Vatican to the Pope. Hammond's athletics are the best around. State championships are won continually in many different sports; the athletic events are a blast to attend and- more often than not- end with a victory. Hammond's community service programs have become outstanding in recent years. They profoundly affect not just those who are helped, but also those who are helping, and truly achieve something. Hammond's emphasis on "experiential education" is part of what makes this such a special place. Also, the sense of community. It is truly a treat to get to be a part of this very special place. There is nowhere else I would want my kids. They wouldn't go anyway!

Last modified Hammond School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12