Bad
Good

Brockman Elementary is an amazing school. I have two boys and the eldest began as a 4k in 2008. The Montessori philosophy is an amazing way to teach children how to be responsible. There is a framework in place and the children choose their own work within that structure. This creates respectful, self motivated citizens. The teachers are very well qualified. All of them have undergraduate degrees in education and their Montessori certification. Many of them have Master's degrees and National board certification. In my work with the PTO, I have had an opportunity to interact with all of them. I agree with the principal that there are no bad teachers in this school. A previous review stated that this school was not suitable for boys or for children who are not organized. I have a boy with adhd. He is the epitome of disorganized. His lower elementary teacher (1st-3rd grade) worked very closely with us and the school intervention team to make sure he was getting the guidance, structure, and accommodations he needed to be successful. He is now in the 4th grade and doing very well. As you can tell, we love this school!

I meant to write is "NOW" completely motivated! My apologies for the typo, no coffee yet.

This is only a great school for selfmotivated kids. I have two very bright boys who would rather read or just play. They need teachers guidence and supervision with daily lessons. If you get lucky and get an experienced teacher, who has years of experience then you child will sucsseed in Montessori envirement. Unfortunatly most of the teachers in that school are not quite aware of their responsibilities. And after complaining to the curriculum coordinator on several occasions, I was told very firmly " we don't have bad teachers in this school". The phrase school administration likes to use is " this teacher might not be right for your child". I have talked to multiple parents who end up suplimenting subjects like reading and math at home. Since most of the kids fail to complete lessons in class, during the school. I have to admint Brockman school duing lots of great things on social level teaching kids manners of communicating, resolving conflicts. But academically school demonstrates good ratings only because of havy parents involvment. If you are zone to a good traditional school I would recommed to go with that option instead.

Excellence! Beyond our wildest dreams for our children! This school has given our children the knowledge and confidence we hoped they would gain as young people. Teachers are phenomenal, principal is fantastic and the parent involvement is leaps and bounds beyond our expectations.

My oldest child went to Brockman before we moved. I can't say enough good things about this school. It is top-notch in every way.

Amazing school. Nurturing but firm, wholistic, open to parent involvement at every level!

The Montesorri method used in Brockman doesn't work for every one. My oldest, very gifted, but not very organized child was not too sucsessful in this school. But my youngest one did very well. Each classroom has a unique home-like atmosphier, and all stuff is exceptionally loving and friendly to the students. Girls seemed to flourish in such envirement. Where boys need a little bit more discipline.

I have three children at Brockman, one at every level. Our family has been at Brockman for 5 years, and I can't say enough good things about this wonderful Montessori learning environment in which children become self directed learners. It is a truly special place with unparalleled dedication from teachers and staff who remain true to the Montessori philosophy while working within the public system.

What a wonderful community. They truly are a peaceful school striving to nurture the strengths of each child. We have been there since 3K and loved every minute. The staff is amazing, the leadership strong, vibrant and well connected and the PTO is extremely supportive. I highly recommend it.

Our children attended Brockman, a public Montessori school of choice, from preschool (K-3) through 5th grade, and it's perhaps the best elementary school I've ever seen: beautiful facility, a unified philosophy of teaching/learning, and a strong, supportive community. We feel very lucky that our daughters had the opporunity to attend.

Last modified Brockman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.