Columbia, SC
Students enrolled: 1,450
After care: No

Posted January 14, 2014
Wonderful school. Great programs. Outstanding people. This school has something for everyone! Visit Richland Northeast and get a tour with the student ambassadors.

Posted January 13, 2014
Richland Northeast High School is an International Baccalaureate World School that also provides many exciting magnet opportunities such as Horizon (academic), iLink (technology), Palmetto Center for the Arts (PCA) and Convergence Media (broadcast and written media). The student body is diverse but incredibly welcoming with a family like atmosphere and accountability. The IB program has just been implemented in the last two years so there are some growing pains as the district and the school assimilate and communicate the opportunities that IB brings to Richland District 2 students. The international and global aspects of the IB program mesh extremely well with the diverse (and often international) student population that comes from being the feeder high school for Fort Jackson. As the wife of a Northeast graduate and the parent of two children that are currently there - I recommend it highly!

Richland Northeast High School 3

Posted September 23, 2013
RNEHS recently received an International Baccalaureate World School status, quite a prestigious undertaking, from what I understand of the program. Encouraging, but since my child is a freshman, I don't have much experience with the school yet. My first impressions are that, although the buildings are a bit worn out looking, there have been efforts to make physical improvements and there are devoted students, staff and parents to oversee maintaining school spirit, too. The parking lot has been redone, the media center has been renovated, the athletic field is receiving a facelift. The teachers seem dedicated and intelligent, the principal involved and visible. There are several magnet programs here, but I was one of few parents who showed for the "regular" track classes on Open House night. I think the school is aware of its challenges and is taking action. Also, the school improvement council has received top honors for its work. What concerns me is that the school sits in the middle of a neighborhood with considerable crime after the sun goes down. I wouldn't venture in after dark, yet my child walks to and from 5 days a week. Not ideal.

Posted August 03, 2012
Richland Northeast has been the best experience of my life. I can honestly say if I had the option, I would not go to any other school. Our teachers truly care about each and every student and are involved in our lives. We just recently have been certified as an International Baccalaureate school and have many awesome magnet programs. Our journalism program is one of the best in the nation with a state of the art studio for broadcast students. Not only is Richland Northeast the best in the district, it is the best in the state and I'd say nation. It is impossible for me to over exaggerate how great this school is. We are a Cavalier family and every student has a niche to which they belong. It's a great school, and you'd be crazy not to go here.

Posted January 17, 2012
I love RNE! I came from a private school, and many of my friends thought I was crazy for switching schools, but I love RNE! The teachers have such an amazing impact on the students.They have taught me so much about life and about the subject matter they are teaching. We have a new principal, but she is doing a great job so far. The administration is very helpful. I feel as though I can talk to them anytime. Also we have a great track record of sending kids to good schools. Last year we had graduates go to Princeton, Dartmouth, Emory, Davidson, Duke, USC Honors, and get accepted to UVA, Tulane, and many more. I feel as though all the great things about RNE are not published in the newspaper. Don't listen to people who talk badly about RNE because most of them have never even been here. We have an overwhelming amount of community and school spirit. Also we have the most AP courses available in the state of South Carolina. There are a few bad kids, but I have found everyone to be extremely nice and caring towards each other. We also had our facilities redone and they are amazing! I'm sad to be leaving this school. My advice would be to check out our Cavalier family!!

Richland Northeast High School 1

Posted June 09, 2011
Teachers are great. Administration does not control the disruptive students. When a disruptive student gets sent to an administrator, the student gets a slap on the wrist and gets sent back to class. Gangs have significant influence. Good teachers and substitutes who try to teach the students get forced out of their jobs by the administration. I would not send my child to this school.

Posted May 19, 2011
Richland Northeast is an incredible school! The teachers are very caring and it offers so many fantastic programs most schools can't offer. The Academics are great, the Arts program is wonderful and they also offer outstanding journalism and computer programs. As a student who had to leave Richland Northeast for another school I have found how rare a school like this is. The Horizon program has really prepared me for college and through the Palmetto Center for the Arts program I have been able to develop a wonderful talent I would otherwise not have had the opportunity for.

Posted April 19, 2011
Teachers make this school. Unfortunately, due to the state not supporting pubic education we have lost some our best teachers. Te school also suffers from a student population containing too many bad apples. These students do not care about their education and parent involvement is zero. Students see no consequences and there are gang issues. Richland Northeast could regain its 'world-class' status by enforcing discipline and not allowing expelled students to re-enroll for at least 2 semesters and on at least a 2 semester probation. The school needs to add a dean of discipline and find a custodial staff that cares about the school--not just about their contract. The school needs to reach out to the nearby military for support and encourage parent to apart of RNH as much as their children.

Posted January 19, 2010

Posted January 07, 2010

Richland Northeast High School
7500 Brookfield Rd, Columbia, SC  29223
Last modified Richland Northeast High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Richland Northeast High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top