Posted August 31, 2014
Our family just moved to South Carolina and we used the information on the Great School website to help us choose our schools. We can honestly say that Berry Shoals school is everything that Great Schools says it is. The school is very well organized and the teachers and office staff are very friendly and helpful. We are very excited about the opportunities for the arts and the school has a lot of technology for the students to use. Although it has only been 2 weeks, our daughter has been very happy and starting in a new school has been better than we had hoped for.

Berry Shoals Intermediate School 3

Posted August 22, 2014
So far, one week in, my child has came home with numerous horror stories. Comp/gym teacher yelled at the students yesterday. Today a replacement woman comp. teacher came in and was just as mean. Elective teacher points students out and tells them how horrible they are. I don't understand why these people are "teachers" if they have such negative attitudes! If these 3 had attitude adjustments we'd rate this school higher.

Posted June 29, 2014
This is our second time around attending this wonderful school. The academics and the performing arts are as good as anywhere. Great teachers and same great principal.

Berry Shoals Intermediate School 2

Posted May 10, 2014
My child attended Berry Shoals. I can honestly say that it was a frustrating and disappointing experience. The teachers deal with so many students that it is easy to get lost. They were not advocates for my son. In addition, the testing seemed more important than anything else. After testing was over, my 6th grader spent weeks on busy work. Graded Sponge bob coloring sheets. I kid not. I was thoroughly disappointed with the time we were there. It is a commonly known that this school provides a poor learning environment. We know many families who removed their children to homeschool or private schools. Unfortunately that is not an option for all.

Posted May 24, 2011
Wow. This is a great school full of caring teachers and a wonderful principal and assistant principal. My husband and I have 3 children. Two have gone to Berry Shoals. The teachers are highly educated and have high expectations and high morals. In addition, they know and care about every child. I cannot say enough good things about this school. Only 5th and 6th grade go here so it is a great but small school atmosphere. Band, orchestra and music in general are also highly valued and well taught at Berry Shoals. And the carpool line is short! Lots of good things to say about Berry Shoals! Parents are very involved too. There is no shortage of kind people. Oh, and the school nurse is a registered nurse (RN) which is pretty rare nowadays. You can send your children here with confidence.

Posted April 21, 2010
Berry Shoals has one of the greatest staffs is SC. The teacher, faculty, staff, and administators really care about the growth of every student, and they work hard to make sure that no student goes unnoticed.

Berry Shoals Intermediate School 0

Posted April 19, 2010
It is child centered and provides for individual needs by having a caring environment with superb teachers and great administrators.

Berry Shoals Intermediate School 0

Posted April 18, 2010
I love Berry Shoals Intermediate School because it is student focused. Every decision is made with the best interest of each student in mind. The teachers feel as if the students are their own children/grandchildren and do for them what they hope their children/grandchildren's teachers are doing for them. There is always an atmosphere of love and respect in every aspect of Berry Shoals. Teachers monitor and assess lessons, practices, and activities in an effort to provide the most meaningful, effective, successful learning experiences for each student. I would be proud to have my grandchildren attend Berry Shoals Intermediate School where the most important thing is what's best for each child.

Posted June 12, 2008

Posted March 23, 2008
i think this school has magnificent 5th grade teachers like mrs. adair and dr.kay

Berry Shoals Intermediate School
300 Shoals Rd, Duncan, SC  29334
Last modified Berry Shoals Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Berry Shoals Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top