Easley, SC
Students enrolled: 1,396

Posted June 06, 2014
this school has a bad combination of high population and poor management. the students pretty much run the place!

Richard H. Gettys Middle School 2

Posted May 31, 2014
this schools administration is wonderful very good but some students are out of control with fights and profanity the teaching is great i am pleased with teachers they get there jobs done

Posted February 23, 2014
This school is the worst school ever. The students get in fights all of the time. The teachers are never teaching or doing what they should be doing. The students are loud, out of conrtol, and disrespectful. The students do not want to learn, which makes the teachers lazy and irresponsible. The principle would never survive in the real business world. He is a terrible communicator and all of the teachers hate him. My older child that goes there now, comes home and cries everyday, because she hates it so much. My children will definitely not be attending that horrible school. We will defiantly be exploring options.

Posted July 27, 2013
The first school year was ok for me but the second one was awesome the teachers were nice keyboarding was amazing though sorry i had to say that one it was my favorite...There is a lot of fights though...

Posted June 24, 2011
The Schools Administration is fantastic. I have never been more please with Gettys. The administration has set up a safer enviorment and in results has recently become one of the safest school. I reccomend this school to ANY student or parent

Posted November 26, 2008
The staff at this school are amazing. If you want a school with caring people this is it. I have not had any problems.

Posted August 17, 2008
this is the best school i've ever saw my daughter loves it ..... keep the good work....bye

Posted July 26, 2007
this school has some serious discipline issues. there are physical fights between students, yet the administration fails to support the teachers in disciplining these students. It is an unsafe envirmonment. parents should procede with extreme caution.

Richard H. Gettys Middle School 4

Posted December 08, 2006
I have gone to gettys for 2 years now. My first year was ok, this year is much better! Our new principals are really trying to get us the things we need and our safety. This year things have really tightened up with students' safety and discipline! I am happy to be a gettys middle school student! Go breakers!

Richard H. Gettys Middle School 4

Posted April 12, 2006
As a very recent student, i would say that this school is, generally speaking, above average. Yes, the facilities are in need of repair. However, the teachers are among the best in the southeast. They have a genuine interest in the education and welfare of the students. Music, sports, and higher academic programs are relatively well run and enjoyable. There is an acceptable amount of parent involvement. Personal growth and charecter is emphasized. Personally, I would reccomend this school to parents wishing for their son or daughter to have a thorough education and at least a little real world experience.

Richard H. Gettys Middle School
105 Stewart Dr, Easley, SC  29640
Last modified Richard H. Gettys Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Richard H. Gettys Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top