Gaston, SC

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted August 10, 2015
No I dont. Again it goes back to passing those who haven't earned it. And following through when you tell a student something. How can a child learn what determination is if they aren't made to suffer for poor class choices.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted August 10, 2015
My child doesn't respect her teacher at all. She doesn't follow thru with anything she says how can you respect that?

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted August 10, 2015
They aren't allowed to interact properly, if you can't give your friends invitations or your contact information, how are they learning to behave as a community?

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 10, 2015
It's not honest or fair to the students if you pass them when they don't deserve it.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted July 29, 2015
I wouldn't know cause the teacher can't reply to a single email about my child's home work in a timely manner.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted July 29, 2015
My child only looked forward going to school to see her friends. She did once like school.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted July 29, 2015
My child was attacked while on school grounds, and the two girls who did it weren't punished.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted July 29, 2015
My daughter goes here. She just finished 5th grade, and will be moving into 6th, which is fine but the teacher would never contact me back in a proper manner over what would happen in class. She also always waited last minute before report cards came out saying that she had late work/never turned it in. My daughter isn't slow, but does need more hands on when it comes to class work, and she would never do that. I would also like to point out that she would tell my daughter to "shut up" when needing help with her work.(this is extremely off putting for a child who is nervous to ask for help.) I'm having to fight tooth and nail on her having a new teacher for 6th grade. But the cherry on top would be in the middle of the school year two girls thought it would be hilarious to jump my child in class while there was a sub; they kicked and hit her for minutes before the sub even noticed what was going on. Oh and they wanted to leave the two girls in the same class instead of moving them to a different one.(They also only got a slap on the wrist instead of being suspend) Its a piss poor school. If I could pull her out I would as soon as possible.

Frances F. Mack Intermediate School 1

Posted February 24, 2014
My 11 year old daughter goes to Frances Mack Primary School. She is in 6th grade and they are teaching Buddism, Hinduism, and Islam in Social Studies. What does this say for our school system when they took Christianity out of the schools!!

Frances F. Mack Intermediate School 5

Posted February 03, 2011
I am pleased with the school. I believe the school system is only a guide to the education process. It is my responsibility & my obligation to my children to help them learn and grow into adults. The teachers have their own children to raise.

161 Gaston St, Gaston, SC  29053
Last modified Frances F. Mack Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Frances F. Mack Intermediate School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top