School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Big school but with a big heart! I have worked at GCP since it opened and love the way we rally for kids. The folks who work here want to be here because they love helping kids.
June 12, 2015

Bad
Good

My kindergarten son has severe peanut and egg allergy. The school was well aware of this and yet Christmas they sent a peanut butter cookie home in his bookbag. It could have killed him when I spoke to Mrs Sullivan all she did was point fingers at everybody but her staff. Very unprofessional staff even the nurse.

Both of our children have attended Goose Creek Primary School and I cannot say enough good things about this school and its staff. My children have had an amazing experience there. Not only did they receive great educational instruction they also learned values that will serve them well in life. The school is fairly new and has lots of opportunities for the children. Our children have enjoyed the library and after school clubs. The principals during our time there were great leaders. The current principal Mrs. Sullivan is always involved around the school helping the children and you can tell she truly cares. Ms. Banks is a wonderfully creative, inspiring teacher. She made my daughters first year of school a fantastic experience. My daughter is extremely shy and I was amazed with how she was able to connect to teach my child. I loved having the opportunity to help in the classroom and at school events. The teachers are top-notch. Our time at Goose Creek Primary School has been wonderful. I would not hesitate to recommend Goose Creek Primary School.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted June 12, 2015

My grandson goes to your school for 3 years now. I think there should be a better way of communication. Sometimes the teacher fills out his communication book and sometimes she doesn't even tell us how or what they did to improve or not. This is the only issue I have with the school. With the bus system I do not know why they have an assistant on the bus for the small ones. She doesn't help them up or down on the bus when they need it. Ya'll can have the bus driver strap them in or the parents. No sense in paying someone who doesn't help the driver. That is my opinion. Other than that I do not have anything negative about the teaching

Excellent school. Great teachers, I love the school.They work well with the children. I and my Family have great experiences!!!

I have a foster child in this school and they have worked with me to discover her strengths and weaknesses. I am very pleased she will have 1 more year in this school. The principal and staff are friendly, courteous and helpful in all of our needs.

My son has been at Goose Creek Primary since he was 3 years old. The staff are warm and inviting. The Special Needs program is great. Each and every person I have met at GCP has been concerned about the welfare and education of my child. My child is greeted by everyone he comes into contact with. I love the Family nights they have at the school. They offer a lot of functions for families to attend. They do school fairs, Water day, Field Day, Field Trips, and much more. The principle offers a Pajama Party every year. Every month the school does a Spirit day and the kids receive popcorn and they do activities. We have had nothing but great experiences. Awesome PTA!

I work at GCP. I really love my job, the kids and my fellow staff members. I look forward to going to work each day working with the children in my class and throughout the school.

Great, warm, and inviting environment. Hard working teachers.

The staff is very helpfull, teachers are great and very educated and i like the way things are organized and the involment of parents with the school activities

Last modified Goose Creek Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2