Bad
Good

Our son attended Sedgefield Intermediate School in 2006-2009 and our daughter is in her second year at the school. I cannot say enough good things about this school and its staff. My children have had an amazing experience here. Not only did they receive great educational instruction they also learned values that will serve them well in life. My son was in the honors program and it was a fantastic educational experience that has lead him through his years of school. Both of our children have enjoyed the library and after school clubs. The principals during our time there were great leaders. The current principal Mr. Eddings is always involved around the school helping the children and you can tell he truly cares. I loved having the opportunity to help in the classroom and at school events. The teachers are top-notch. Our time at Sedgefield Intermediate has been wonderful and I would not hesitate to recommend Sedgefield Intermediate School.

My school is great because we have 50 dedicated teachers, a new administration and a program that supports confidence and success with all of the students. Grades are improving and discipline problems are down.

Well, last year I had a major problem with the teacher. Mrs. Garvin. I explained to her on meet the teacher night the issues my child has, and was brushed off. Well, her grades, from the first progress report, until the 3rd quarter were failing. Kept asking, writing notes, and emails, and got responses that had nothing to do with what I was asking. The final straw? I wrote her a note specifically asking the different things I wanted to know. Also let her know I've never had a teacher act like I was attacking her when I'm just trying to figure out the prob in class. She put my 8 yr old in front of the class, and read the note out loud, to the ENTIRE class. Which humiliated and embarrassed her to no end. The principal actually sided with the teacher!!!! I cantacted the board of Ed. And removed her from class. She did great in the new class.

I have very little respect for the principal of this school. My daughter had sever eczema, and was constantly the target of bullying and teasing from the other children. When she spoke up to these children, it often resulted in a shouting match in which she was punished but the other child was not. When I held a conference with the principal, my daughter, and my daughter's teacher and brought this up, the principal looked at my daughter and told her that she brought too much attention onto herself because she scratched her skin all the time. My daughter, with severe eczema, was basically told she should not scratch her skin (not because it can cause bleeding or worsen the itching, but) because it drew attention from the other kids who were teasing and bullying!

I am not as impressed as the above parents. I am open to the idea it might be isolated but i am not going to be convinced at my child's expense. I have spoken to my child's teachers on numerous occasions regarding my involvement and keeping me informed to no avail. My childs grades are dropping at an alarming rate with no contact or apparent concern from the teachers. Everytime i am at the school I am greeted with wonderfully gracious smiles but I need them to part their teeth and talk to me abt my child, so that i as the parent can correct the situation at home. For future or tenative parents: you must do more than talk to the teachers, you must randomly come to the classrooms. You must insist on getting a weekly report if not daily! which the latter of the 3 I did not.

Last modified Sedgefield Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.