Goose Creek, SC

Sedgefield Intermediate School 4

Posted November 23, 2014
My school is great because we have 50 dedicated teachers, a new administration and a program that supports confidence and success with all of the students. Grades are improving and discipline problems are down.

Sedgefield Intermediate School 3

Posted August 17, 2013
Well, last year I had a major problem with the teacher. Mrs. Garvin. I explained to her on meet the teacher night the issues my child has, and was brushed off. Well, her grades, from the first progress report, until the 3rd quarter were failing. Kept asking, writing notes, and emails, and got responses that had nothing to do with what I was asking. The final straw? I wrote her a note specifically asking the different things I wanted to know. Also let her know I've never had a teacher act like I was attacking her when I'm just trying to figure out the prob in class. She put my 8 yr old in front of the class, and read the note out loud, to the ENTIRE class. Which humiliated and embarrassed her to no end. The principal actually sided with the teacher!!!! I cantacted the board of Ed. And removed her from class. She did great in the new class.

Sedgefield Intermediate School 1

Posted March 12, 2010
I have very little respect for the principal of this school. My daughter had sever eczema, and was constantly the target of bullying and teasing from the other children. When she spoke up to these children, it often resulted in a shouting match in which she was punished but the other child was not. When I held a conference with the principal, my daughter, and my daughter's teacher and brought this up, the principal looked at my daughter and told her that she brought too much attention onto herself because she scratched her skin all the time. My daughter, with severe eczema, was basically told she should not scratch her skin (not because it can cause bleeding or worsen the itching, but) because it drew attention from the other kids who were teasing and bullying!

Sedgefield Intermediate School 2

Posted November 30, 2007
I am not as impressed as the above parents. I am open to the idea it might be isolated but i am not going to be convinced at my child's expense. I have spoken to my child's teachers on numerous occasions regarding my involvement and keeping me informed to no avail. My childs grades are dropping at an alarming rate with no contact or apparent concern from the teachers. Everytime i am at the school I am greeted with wonderfully gracious smiles but I need them to part their teeth and talk to me abt my child, so that i as the parent can correct the situation at home. For future or tenative parents: you must do more than talk to the teachers, you must randomly come to the classrooms. You must insist on getting a weekly report if not daily! which the latter of the 3 I did not.

Sedgefield Intermediate School 5

Posted July 10, 2006
Sedgefield Intermediate is an outstanding school full of dedicated teachers and administrators. It was wonderful teaching there. Excellent support creates excellent students! What a great school!

Sedgefield Intermediate School 5

Posted August 22, 2003
This is a wonderful school for children to attend. I have had 2 children go through this school already one that is currently there and other child that will start here next year. The teachers as well as the staff have a great concern and nuturing ablity for these children. Also they make sure the parents are welcomed and informed. It is a great school experience for the child as well as the parents.

Sedgefield Intermediate School
225 Garwood Dr, Goose Creek, SC  29445
Last modified Sedgefield Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sedgefield Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top