Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted March 03, 2016
GTCHS has been a great fit for my son, he is able to complete college classes giving him dual credit opportunities. When students grades fall below a certain grade the school offers academic assistance after school for each subject needed. Although they don't offer all sports, the students are exposed to sports they may have never been involved in in a larger school. I am very pleased with GTCHS for my son, but it may not be a perfect fit for every student. Every child is different and I feel blessed we have options for schools that fit each child's needs.

Greenville Technical Charter High School 1

Posted January 19, 2015
We have had a lot of problems, especially with the special ed department needed for one of our kids, but we have more general complaints as well. Not every kid gets access to college classes, they now have a very tight rein on doling that out. They have had a new principal every year for the last four, and the current interim one is making sweeping changes without taking the time to assess what needs to be done. The discipline there is ridiculous, it is a very tense and unfriendly environment. If my kids weren't socially settled in there I would happily move them to a neighborhood school and let them do AP classes.

Posted December 20, 2013
GTCH is a GREAT SCHOOL We have had four children attend this school. All have gone on to university. We are so thankful for the strong base that GTCH gave our children. The teacher and staff care about the children and support their development.

Posted April 18, 2013
As the parent of four children and a high school teacher,I believe that my child is receiving an outstanding education at GTCHS. Students have the opportunity to take college classes(for duel credit),and my daughter is on track to earn her Associates Degree while in high school.She is academically stimulated,engaged,and enamored with the courses she is taking.I'm stunned at how much money she is saving by taking transferable college credits towards her major.Small classes,uniforms,sports,and dedicated teachers make this one of the best public high schools in Greenville County.

Greenville Technical Charter High School 2

Posted March 08, 2011
Poor sportsmanship. The students are not managed by adults. They are allowed to yell inappropriate and foul language during games.

Posted August 17, 2008
I had alot of doubts about leaving most of my friends to attend Charter this year. Starting out as a freshman can be hard enough. This school may give you alot of work but I can already tell that I am learning alot. All my teachers seem to take a sincere interest in their students and the principal gets to know us by names. Also teachers you don't even know or have take interest in you. This school is already showing be how good of a school it is. I'm very excited to be spending the last four years in the school system at Greenville Tech Charter High School.

Posted July 28, 2008
This school is probably the best I have ever attended. The teachers and the counselors know me by name and would help in anything I needed. They get to know the parents and the students. The student population is greatly varied and wonderfully integrated. I love this school. I have been to public, private, charter , non-charter and this is the best school I have been to. Charter may not have all of the sports but the school makes up for it in friendliness and its willingness to listen and to help us , the students, to learn.

Posted January 25, 2008
Your son/daughter enters a world of teachers and administrators who know them by name(no ID tag necessary) and will do whatever it takes to help them learn. There is also an air of friendliness towards visitors to the school that is refreshing-students look you in the eye and say hello.

Greenville Technical Charter High School

Posted January 25, 2008
My child is a junior and has attended GTCHS since his Freshman year. It is everything I wanted for him. The athletics took time to build and now, they have top notch sports. They teach them to own their future and set high expectation. They don't stop there either. They made SURE you reach that expectation!

Posted May 23, 2007
THE best keep secret in SC; excellent public school with early college opportunities.

Greenville Technical Charter High School
620 South Pleasantburg Dr Mail, Greenville, SC  29606
Last modified Greenville Technical Charter High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.