Bad
Good

Summit Drive Elementary School 3

Posted October 10, 2015
Summit Drive Elementary is a good school for the most part. It has a great small feel & we have not had a bad teacher at Summit Drive! Our only complaint is the Late Stay program. One afternoon my child was playing on the playground and fell off the monkey bars. She cried for over an hour and the late stay staff told her repeatedly to be quiet. The staff didn't bother to call me to pick her up & when I did pick her up an hour after the incident she was still crying & in obvious pain. The staff advised that she did not break her arm - I took one look at her & knew right away something was wrong. We went to the ER & sure enough it was broken. Every time I went into the cafeteria to pick up my children, the entire class would be sitting in silence with their heads down on the table as if they were in detention (b/c one child was too loud). The Late Stay staff treated the children as if they were a nuisance & the pgm was run like a prison. One staff member would not let the children use pencils for sketching in art center as she said it might get on the table. She also wouldn't let my child put together a puzzle of the USA at game center as she said the pieces wld create a mess! My child took a sip from her H20 btl and this particular staff member PUT HER IN TIME OUT & PUBLICALLY SHAMED her for taking the sip from her H20 bottle while sitting at the table doing her homework. If you're going to punish my child for misbehaving, make sure it is warranted! My child has a medical condition where she gets frequent migraines - she must drink plenty of H20! It's one thing to be strict and mean, but this affects my child's physical health! I brought this to the directors attention & she advised that even though H20 btls were allowed in the classrooms during the school day they were not allowed during Late Stay as H20 might get spilled on the floor! Umm...really?! We demanded an apology from the staff member and she had the nerve to deny the incident (even after multiple children corroborated the story). She was not reprimanded, however, she finally did offer an insincere apology about a week later. Sadly, I had to change my work schedule so my children do not have to endure this very unhealthy environment and are no longer being punished for their parents having to work. Great school & teachers, but TERRIBLE Late Stay Staff and Program. Beware!

Summit Drive Elementary School 5

Posted April 25, 2015
My son with autism attends Summit Drive Elementary and we are pleased, especially in comparison to his Pre-K experience at a local CDC. They have two self-contained special needs classrooms, one for K-2nd grade and the other for 3rd-5th grade. The K-2nd is generally 7 or 8 students with 3 full time teachers, which is so helpful. All the sped teachers are great. I appreciate that my son gets a lot of individualized instruction at Summit Drive.

Summit Drive Elementary School 5

Posted December 10, 2013
Summit Drive Elementary is a fantastic school. The teaching staff cares about each and every student. They make an effort to know you and your children on a first name basis. I am grateful my children have been able to attend such a wonderful school. The principal is amazing. She is involved in more than any other principal I've known. She cares foremost about the students, about the staff, and of course how the school and programs are run. The community feeling is very powerful at Summit Drive, it is a great place to send your children.

Summit Drive Elementary School 4

Posted April 01, 2011
Summit Drive is a wonderful school. My child is in K-5 and and this is her first year in school,she loves to go to school every day and she has learned so much. For me as a parent that says alot about Summit , when she can go some where every day she enjoy and learn at the same time.

Summit Drive Elementary School
424 Summit Dr, Greenville, SC  29609
Last modified Summit Drive Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Summit Drive Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top