Posted January 09, 2014
DRS offers a wonderful learning environment for K3-8th grade. The class sizes are small (more 1 on 1 with teachers), spanish program is excellent, and the kids practice values (respect, courtesy, etc) that help them be better individuals. There are many volunteer opportunities allowing for the school to feel like a small family. Even though the school is small there are still plenty of activities for the kids: basketball, archery, volleyball, cheerleading, also many clubs. The school might not look like much on the outside but you will not find better education, values taugh, faculty support, or students in the surrounding area.

Divine Redeemer School 3

Posted January 26, 2012
Divine Redeemer is a great school for teaching moral values and respect to others. The spanish program is excellent. Leadership qualities and community service is encourage. Tuition is reasonable. A great deal of parent involvement is not only expected, but demanded, which enhances the student learning environment. This is a great school if your child is highly self motivated and intelligent and can follow directions easily. However, If your child has a learning disability, you will need to seek extra assistance outside the school, in addition to the school.

Posted August 23, 2011
As a parent of 2 boys attending Divine Redeemer School since K5, I cannot say enough about the incredible education my children have, thus far, received. Class size is small but focused on encouraging each individual students' abilities. The principal, teachers and staff provide a safe, caring and nurturing atmosphere for all students. Parent/teacher involvement is very positive and volunteerism is welcomed. Standardized test scores are above state and national averages. Overall this faith-based community provides our children with a wonderful academic foundation that will carry over well beyond their school years.

Posted March 26, 2008
I have 2 children who attend Divine Redeemer Catholic School. Moving to Charleston we did alot of research in deciding the very best school to send them. We are catholic and so hoped to send them to a catholic school but included all other private schools to be considered as well since money was/is not an object. We looked at DRS and were very unimpressed with the shape of the school grounds and embarrased to say it almost kept us from looking into it further. I'm happy to say we toured and talked with the teachers and looked at scores etc of DRS students going on to Bishop England (Catholic High) and they proved to have the highest scores. It is a very modest and small class size school with exceptional teachers and value system. DRS is the absolute best private school k4-8 in Charleston area.

Posted August 13, 2007
From K4 through 8th grade it's the best education available in the area.

Posted August 11, 2003
- a former student
As a graduate of Divine Redeemer I would like to state that I think that the education, religious training and social experience I received was excellent. I am thankful to the many great teachers for preparing me for my future. I cannot thank them all enough' Michael M. Rzepa

Divine Redeemer School
1104 Fort Drive, Hanahan, SC  29410
Last modified Divine Redeemer School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Divine Redeemer School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top