Posted April 16, 2010

Posted September 16, 2008
I am a parent of a 2nd and 3rd grade student. We have been at hanahan for 3 years! What a wonderful school! The kindergarten did have too many kids, but the district brought in another teacher and fixed the problem in October of 2007. My kids have always been able to talk to any teacher whether it was their own or someone one else's. The kids that are dropped off early, must sit in the hallways and read a book. I see nothing wrong with that, that enables me to get to my job on time. There had never been any hollering in the halls! Hanahan is an excellent school, with excellent teachers and staff. They make you feel welcomed in the office!! Try it and you will fall in love with it!

Posted August 21, 2008

Posted July 23, 2007

Posted May 15, 2006
I have a third grader and kindergartener at HES - we are very pleased with the school! The teachers are caring and really go the extra mile to teach the children well. There is very little turnover with the staff - and that says a lot about the leadership! Just to clarify a previous post - Hanahan Elementary goes up to 4th grade. 5th grade is when they go to the middle school. The PTA does a nice job - but their communication with parents could be better (asking for volunteers for events like bookfairs with a little more than a day or two's notice). It's a clean, well-kept school - a great place for kids to grow and learn.

Posted March 27, 2006
We have been with hanahan 2 years now and everything about it is wonderful.My only dislike is tht my child will be moving up to the middle school for 5th grade.I just hope the middle school involvement is as good or better than the elementary school has been.Thank you Mr Sparkman for making this a wonderful time for my child. Mrs Stegall

Posted September 06, 2005
I have a first grader and a second grader at HES who have both attended since the K-4 program so this will be our 4th year of experience with the school. We love the teachers, the atmosphere, everything...but I do have one nagging concern. The school no longer goes to grade 5 as shown in your overview. It now stops with 3rd grade. I am very concerned about my children moving to middle school when they start 4th grade. This seems very young to me to attend a school that goes up to 8th grade. I guess the real issue is a question of concern with the middle school and the staff's ability to address the needs of these younger kids coming into the school.

Posted April 06, 2005
I think the school is great but would like to see something done with the Transportation. I have had MANY days where the bus has been 45 min. late to pick up the kids. Some days the bus never showed up at all. We MUST do better than this. All my phone calls and trips to the school got me know where. when I took my child to the office and asked where the bus was, The staff member told me I have no idea. Wow that made me feel great to send my child out into the world and the staff has no idea where my child is. I have gone so far as to keep my child home on the day the bus never came. Thats when I got some help from the school.

Posted March 09, 2005
This is an excellent school. I have a child that attended there and one currently attending. Their test scores are consistently higher than that of other districts schools. The principal and teachers are very concerned and caring professionals.

Posted April 23, 2004
Any employee at Hanahan Elementary that I have come in contact with has been friendly, concerned about the students and their welfare and an overwhelming joy to be around. The principal, assistant principal, teachers, office staff, custodions, it doesn't matter, they are all wonderful caring people. I thank them for taking such wonderful care of my children and molding their little minds in the right way.

Hanahan Elementary School
4000 Mabeline Rd, Hanahan, SC  29410
Last modified Hanahan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hanahan Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top