Posted June 22, 2014
This is a great school. I have two daughters attending OBE, one for four years and one for two. Every teacher we have had has been very good, very committed and engaged in helping each child reach their potential. The administration has changed during our time here but so far we have not seen a negative impact from those changes. I think this is a top notch public school, I don't think you can get much better than this one without going to a very expensive private school in a more metropolitan area honestly. My fears of an SC education for my children have not come into reality in the least. We moved to Myrtle Beach 4 years ago, coming from a private school in a metropolitan setting so this was a big, scary change for us. We have been highly involved in school and have been very, very pleasantly surprised and pleased with this school.

Posted July 29, 2013
Overall, I believe Ocean Bay to be one of the best in the area. My daughter has been attending this school since Kindergarten and I even have her transferred every year to OBE since we moved out of the district because I wouldn't want her to attend any other elementary school in the area. I have never had any problems and am very impressed with the friendliness of their staff. My daughter loves it and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Posted July 21, 2012
Ocean Bay is a wonderful school. They are very involved in the community and place each child first. I am blessed to have my child in the care of such wonderful loving teachers

Ocean Bay Elementary School 1

Posted January 08, 2012
Ocean bay is over crowded, the homework they send home is a joke ( a photo copied page out of a work book with only half the information you need to complete the assignment.) They wait until the last minute to request money for school projects and parties. The teachers do not keep in contact with the parents. this school has left a very bad taste in my mouth and we've been with them for almost 3 years.

Posted February 10, 2011
This is my daughters first year at Ocean Bay. I have to say I was very excited to get her into such a great school. I love that this school is more challenging. The education is so much better then the upstate. The only thing I have not been to happy with is the communication. I have sent notes with question/concerns to her teacher w/o responses. I have to say it is very important to have great communication btwn the parent and teacher. I sometimes feel as if I am a bother to my daughters teacher. I guess I will have to wait and see what happens next yr!

Ocean Bay Elementary School 1

Posted July 07, 2010
I had both my children enrolled there and I am utterly disgusted. There were several problems one being that the busdriver took my 10 year old and left my 7 year old w/ adhd by himself, running after the bus....she saw him as reported but left anyways...horry county police picked him up on the side of 31 when asked what are you doing ? going to school. When i went and asked Ms Ward what happened she didn't even pull the tape of the bus activity until I demanded to see it, watch out these are the people you leave your precious cargo with to take care of everyday...angry

Posted April 14, 2010
Amazing School!Amzing teachers! We miss OBE awful!! Sad we moved!! Great school for autism and special needs too!

Ocean Bay Elementary School 4

Posted October 11, 2009
I have 2 children in this school. It is thier second year at OBE. Last year I thought it was a great school. This year everything has changed. It might be the county's fault and not the school, but it is impossible to get them to challenge my child. The math is waay to easy for 2nd grade and the homework they both come home with can not even be considered homework. The teachers are great and nice. My children are just not being pushed to what they're level is. I would recommend this school compared to the other ones in the area.

Posted October 09, 2009

Posted November 07, 2008

Ocean Bay Elementary School
950 International Dr, Myrtle Beach, SC  29579
Last modified Ocean Bay Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ocean Bay Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top