Myrtle Beach, SC

Socastee Elementary School 3

Posted October 29, 2012
I am a grandparent of a student of the elementary school. My Grandson has been there 2 years now. He is doing very well in his academics. The only issue I have with the school is that last year I could come and have lunch with him anytime I wanted. I tried to this year and I am not allowed in the school. Apparanely his guardian did not put me on his white card for pick up. I was at lunch with him at least once a wk last year, they know who I am. I like the protection they have for the children, but having lunch with them is not going to put anyone in danger.

Posted August 01, 2012
This school hasdone wonders for my child. He came here on a transfer from a different school after being told for 3 years his poor grades resulted from a learning disabilty. After a few months at this school he went from poor grades to making the honor roll with no accomadations. The teachers here truley care about each childs education.

Posted September 23, 2010
Teachers care about all children. Teachers are professional and have strong instructional skills. A collaborative atmosphere.

Posted September 20, 2010
We are a Title 1 school which means we have some very poor students, but we are family and family takes care of family.

Posted April 15, 2009
This school was a terrible fit for us. My child was in a class with a child who spoke no english and cried all day. The PTA is a joke.

Posted April 26, 2006
The teachers in this school care a great deal about learning. They support every child's effort to achieve to their greatest potential. My fifth grader has had an exceptional experience in this school.

Posted September 09, 2003
This is one of the greatest schools in Horry County as far as I'm concerned its tops.

4950 Socastee Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC  29588
Last modified Socastee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Socastee Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top