Bad
Good

I am a grandparent of a student of the elementary school. My Grandson has been there 2 years now. He is doing very well in his academics. The only issue I have with the school is that last year I could come and have lunch with him anytime I wanted. I tried to this year and I am not allowed in the school. Apparanely his guardian did not put me on his white card for pick up. I was at lunch with him at least once a wk last year, they know who I am. I like the protection they have for the children, but having lunch with them is not going to put anyone in danger.

This school hasdone wonders for my child. He came here on a transfer from a different school after being told for 3 years his poor grades resulted from a learning disabilty. After a few months at this school he went from poor grades to making the honor roll with no accomadations. The teachers here truley care about each childs education.

Teachers care about all children. Teachers are professional and have strong instructional skills. A collaborative atmosphere.

We are a Title 1 school which means we have some very poor students, but we are family and family takes care of family.

This school was a terrible fit for us. My child was in a class with a child who spoke no english and cried all day. The PTA is a joke.

Last modified Socastee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.