Posted April 23, 2014
Coming from another Horry County school, we are highly impressed with everything Lakewood Elementary has to offer. All their staff are most informative and helpful. Lots of educational and extra curricular clubs for our children to participate in. Truly felt welcomed and loved from day one! Great Job LWE!

Posted March 22, 2014
LOVE LKE! Mr LaPier, the principal, is wonderful as are his staff and teachers. My children have been apart of the LKE community for 4 yrs now and enjoyed every bit of their time there! My husband, children, and I have nothing but a great experience with Lakewood Elementary!

Posted February 27, 2014
My daughter has been attending school at Lakewood for a year and a half. I have nothing to but good things to say about Lakewood. My daughter loves her teacher. We have excellent communication with the teachers and staff. We get text and/or calls for updates on school closings, bad weather days, holidays, etc. My daughter loves the school assignments, such as, reports, multi-cultural days, projects, etc. There are so many extra-curricular activities that My daughter had a hard time choosing one. She now plays the steel drums and looooves it! Way to go Lakewood for making school fun and educational, that is no easy feat. Woot! Woot! bobcats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted December 19, 2013
not happy with your school at all and next will be moving out of your school you should as parents be able to enjoy the years of school when your kids are there not to say that most of the staff is very rudd

Lakewood Elementary School 3

Posted September 26, 2013
Kindergarten is off to a good start so far but my child has had several bad disciplinary days that I wish my child would be assisted with more. It is disappointing. I like the lunch and breakfast program. Dropping children off is a time consuming process as the line of cars is enormous however I do understand. The staff has been alright. We did already have one incident wherein an assistant didn't follow through with something we told them and then the teacher threw the blame at us. That was upsetting but we are moving past that as we are just getting started and hope for a good experience as a Bobcat.

Posted August 15, 2013
Very disappointed in the school's front office. Was profiled by Heidi in the front office. She should be ashamed of herself. Teachers dress code is unexceptable. Teachers should not be allowed to wear flip flops in front of the students. Very old southern bs mentality towards the students. Need to move ahead with the times. Teachers favor certain students over others. Teachers do not respond or email parents back with questions. Do not recommend this school to any parent.

Posted May 17, 2013
This was our first year at Lakewood Elementary. I must say the kindergarten teacher we had was wonderful. I am very satisfied with her teaching method and what my child has learned. She encouraged parental involvement and I liked that. The principal was always visible and accessible. My only negative experience with with the PTA. I felt is was run more like an exclusive club and new members were only good for labor. Meetings were a joke. You might get fed some information but you were in no way included in any process. the PTA did get things done though.

Posted December 10, 2012
My son has been going there for the past 3 yrs and I have to say there has been ups and downs each yr. His first year in the first grade he loved school so much, the teacher treated them as little individuals and made learning fun. The 2nd yr he did not get along with teacher and I seen the attitude first hand from her he dreaded going to school. Like I reminded him there will always be a someone in life that he may not get a long with us as adults may not get along with our boss. Now in 3rd grade he loves his teacher and all he wants to do his best to make her proud. I feel that they do treat all children equal there is not any racial byist going on as one had said my child is not white we are not wealthy Christians I am a single middle class mom and I am thankful for the teachers in Lakewood. Thank you Mr.Meyer and Mrs. Pruden for making a difference in my childs life. Keep uo the good work

Posted April 14, 2012
Sad lack of leadership. Lack of compassion and fairness to students. My grandchildren will definitely not be returning next year. We will look elsewhere.

Posted April 13, 2012
I strongly agree with the last 2 people that posted here. There is a much more negative feeling, than in giving the students any positive feedback. Children do not seem to be treated as individuals, but are expected to follow an old-world conformity. Trouble, also, meeting with teachers and staff...usually unavailable. Very worried, also, about all the automobiles that wait on school property near playgrounds, long before students get out.. At this day and age, it is not safe. Very concerned and disappointed.

Lakewood Elementary School
1675 Hwy 396, Myrtle Beach, SC  29575
Last modified Lakewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakewood Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews.