Bad
Good

Simpsonville Elementary School 4

Posted February 23, 2015
We have a 1st and 3rd grader at SES and we love the teachers there. They really care about their students and try to make it fun while having to stick to the strict testing demands from the state. The principal is "hard". She is very strict and we've witnessed her yelling at the children in the cafeteria. However I also see her very active in the school. She is always in the hall or greeting students/parents at every event. I wish the PTA would hold more parent involved events and show more involvement in school activities. All around, we are pleased with SES and continue to see it improve.

Simpsonville Elementary School 1

Posted January 31, 2015
We ended withdrawing my child from this school due to her needing special help and after 1.5 yrs. of being unable to achieve any kind of real solution ( was only considered after I was withdrawing her) , we tried to find a better alternative. Myself and another parent have heard the principal yelling at the children. If you want your children to be treated with love and respect that they deserve please seek elsewhere!

Posted August 19, 2013
This school is amazing. The teachers are so wonderful there . My kids love going to this school . They really go above and beyond for the students.........I love volunteering there because it is so nice to be a part of this school.....

Posted April 26, 2013
Teachers are great and they really get the kids engaged in learning. To the parent that rated this school a 3. Get your child to school on time. I have 2 daughters that have been going here for a couple years now and we've never had any doors slammed in our face. I like the fact that they lock down quickly. There are too many school shootings not to do everything possible to ensure the children's safety. So again, if you don't want to have to park and check them in, just get there on time.

Simpsonville Elementary School 3

Posted November 06, 2012
This school is great! For the most part.The assistant principal is not exactly welcoming or friendly. The door has been slammed in my daughter's face on many occasions, making my husband have to pull around to park, and check her in tardy. 5 tardies, and they punish the children with detention for something out of their control. My child has had 2 excellent teachers, and 2 not so hot ones. Honestly, if we could switch schools, we would. At the end of the year the teachers play "dodge ball" and get out their aggression by nailing the children with the balls. My daughter, and several others came home crying. If not for the administration and some of their ridiculous rules, I would give 5 stars. If you have a choice, please by all means choose another school in the district. This is elementary school. Not a prison!!

Posted December 29, 2010
We love SES. The teachers are phenomenal, parent participation is great, even the support staff go out of their way to make the school like a family. The principal and vice principal are very visibly involved with the kids and staff. Efforts are made to accommodate the the different needs of different children. I have two there currently, and greatly appreciate the instruction, care and love they receive daily.

Posted December 15, 2010
I have two 5th graders at SES and we have been at this wonderful school since 1st grade. The teacher morale is excellent and that translates to a nice family feel to the school. The volunteers at this school are tireless. There are lots of opportunities for parents to be involved either helping the teachers with classroom stuff or helping the very active PTA with projects. Besides the academics, there are other fun things to participate in like, Chorus, Spanish Club, Garden Club, Larson's Math Lab, and Skippers Jump Rope Club. The principal is so great with the kids and the parents. I'm pretty sure she knows every child's name and I can tell that she loves them all. We have lived here for 15 years and if I were just moving to the area, this is the school I would pick for my kids.

Posted October 01, 2007
Our family loves Simpsonville Elem. School. It is a beautiful, new school, with outstanding teachers. The faculty and staff are all helpful and friendly. The students are challenged each day, and technology is implemented into the classroom and beyond. We have been through public schooling, private schooling, and homeschooling in Greenville County, and we are extremely pleased with SES. I wish that we would have found it sooner!

Simpsonville Elementary School
200 Morton Ave, Simpsonville, SC  29681
Last modified Simpsonville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.