Spartanburg, SC

Cannons Elementary School 3

Posted December 16, 2014
Pros: great kids. Good parents. Cute little school. Everyone knows everyone. Open library. Theatre with enough annually events. Good nurse. Good gym class. Great volunteers. Charitable events/ collections. Cons: not up to standards like larger schools. My child is learning less than other 3rd graders. No spelling test, no cursive, no "sounding words out". My kids can't spell, don't use commas, & papers are excepted with no capitals or periods. School doesn't offer yearbooks. School charges for events per person. School charges yearly enrollment fee unlike district 6. Office staff is not welcoming AT ALL. A teacher once replied to my question (why does my child have a D) with "his grades are 71, 54, 93...." etc., as if I can't add. Avoid unless you want a 6th grader who can't spell, has no yearbook memories, & a record of unexplained bad grades. Oh and I have to reteach my child as many lessons as I can each night... after 3 hours of homework.

Cannons Elementary School 4

Posted March 22, 2007
My son began Cannons in the 1st grade after attending a private school for 4 years. He was more advanced than the average 1st grader and the principal and staff welcomed the opportunity and challenge of establishing an individualized education plan to encourage my son's continued growth and advancement. My son continues to perform above grade level and has simply thrived since becoming a part of the Cannons Elementary community. Kudos to the entire staff who really do follow the credo of 'putting children first.'

Cannons Elementary School 5

Posted October 22, 2004
Cannon's elementary is an awesome school! it is a very safe environment, and the teachers really do care about our children. They want our children to do thier very best. My child loves this school. my child went to another school in this district last year and did not do well at all. my child has been doing excellent this year, because of the wonderful teachers and staff. Thank you cannon's elementary. you made my child love school.

Cannons Elementary School 5

Posted August 10, 2003
This is a great elementary school. A very safe environment for your children. Small Class size. The principal is great and knows every child by name. The teachers care about each student and want them to do their best. Parents are welcome to be as involved as they want to be.

Cannons Elementary School
1315 Old Converse Rd, Spartanburg, SC  29307
Last modified Cannons Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cannons Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top