Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

It was a good school till Mrs Metcalf and her staff in the office took over should have just stuck with the other principal and her staff thinking very seriously about taking my son to Arcadia or something next year

This used to be a great school!!! Blue ribbon winner in 2014. But then the great principal and assistants all left. Then some of the best teachers left, in droves! Over 25% of the staff left after one year with new administration. PTO president resigned, parents are complaining at district level about the new principal, and there is very little compassion or sense of community left. Not a very professional staff in the front office anymore and it starts with the principal.. They are still riding the coattails of the past. Sad to see it happen. My child will not be back next year!!

Great school if you are in the click. We were not. No diversity with the staff or teachers.

Best school in district 6 by far. Hard to find a home in this area. Good budget. Lots of money. Good field trips. The best teachers. Better meals than other schools. More choices. More programs. Convenient. Nice. Clean. Lots of hispanic moving into this district. Mostly really good kids. Mostly whites are enrolled. The middle school for this school is in a bad neighborhood. Also a few poor area kids go to the school. I notice that they have a hard time fitting in. The richest kids in spartanburg mixed with the poorest, leaves the poor kids uneasy about their clothes, their lunch, & they really cant even discuss the things the rich kids have. Lots of the poor dont have food at home.

West View is such a fantastic school. The teachers and administration staff are outstanding. My children went there for 2 years and have now moved on to Middle School. I have only good things to say about this school. Their PTO is outstanding. I was not on their board, but they were very thankful for anyone who volunteered. The PTO are not cliquish. They just love helping the school and the children in the school. Thank You West View!!!

WestView is an outstanding elementary school! The Administration and teachers never stop working to make sure ever student has the best chance to succeed. We moved to our current neighborhood so that our now 5th grader could start kindergarten here. We also have a 1st grader here, and both boys have had an incredible educational experience. And the best part is...they both love their school!!!

My children began attending West View in January of 2012 following our move to Spartanburg from Birmingham, AL. Hands down, WV is the best elementary school any of my four children have attended. The entire staff is superior. Getting involved - spending time doing volunteer work, choosing to be of service - all I can say is that opportunities abound for anyone ready and willing to step up, put yourself "out there" and get busy.

I am a grandparent of a West View Elementary student and this is the second time around for our family to be involved. This school is changing with the times to have a more Global outlook in its approach to teaching. The make-up of the student population is very different than it was 20 years ago and adjustments are being made. One idea this time around that is very nice is to offer more varied clubs of interest to students who may not be in the Horizon program and may not have home opportunities to try varied avenues whether a cooking club or a cultural dance group. As a parent or grandparent you can be as involved as you want to be in your child's life and it is up to us to make that happen. I like the idea of my grandchild being exposed to many different cultures and hopefully will be a better citizen because of it. Our eyes need to be opened, our ears need to be listening,our hands need to be working together and our hearts need to go out and support our school. signed, a Grandma

I am a parent to a West View student and feel that this school is an excellent school and deserves extremely high ratings. Not only are the teachers fantastic, but the front office staff is amazing as well. Letitia and Lois are so very understanding and caring, not just to us parents but to the kids as well. Any time I call or am volunteering, Lois treats me with kindness and makes me feel right at home! She also treats the students as if they were her own and talks to them in a caring and loving manner. West View truly could not have a better staff. My child loves going to school there and I am very happy with it as well.

I am a parent at West View Elementary School and I am very offended by the last persons comment and could not disagree with it more!!! You in no way, shape or form have to be a certain type of parent to be involved. With close to 900 students we value parent involvement and need parent involvement to keep some of our programs going!!! I know this from experience and being part of the PTO...every PTO opportunity we get we ask and beg parents to donate one hour of volunteer time a year!!!!! We pride ourselves in having new parents volunteer and hearing how much they have enjoyed the opportunity and many times it leads to them volunteering more and more!!! It is not remotely clickish.....we have people write down their names, contact info, and what they would like to volunteer for and we call them or email them....not knowing or caring what they drive, what color they are, or any of that silliness. We are a very diverse school and we open up volunteer opportunities to everyone!!!!! Once again with close to 900 students we need parents help. As far as fundraising and pictures....every school does pictures...don't buy them if you don't want them. Lastly..our 3 Principals ROCK!!

Last modified West View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.