West View Elementary School 1

Posted November 22, 2014
Great school if you are in the click. We were not. No diversity with the staff or teachers.

West View Elementary School 4

Posted November 04, 2014
Best school in district 6 by far. Hard to find a home in this area. Good budget. Lots of money. Good field trips. The best teachers. Better meals than other schools. More choices. More programs. Convenient. Nice. Clean. Lots of hispanic moving into this district. Mostly really good kids. Mostly whites are enrolled. The middle school for this school is in a bad neighborhood. Also a few poor area kids go to the school. I notice that they have a hard time fitting in. The richest kids in spartanburg mixed with the poorest, leaves the poor kids uneasy about their clothes, their lunch, & they really cant even discuss the things the rich kids have. Lots of the poor dont have food at home.

Posted October 07, 2013
West View is such a fantastic school. The teachers and administration staff are outstanding. My children went there for 2 years and have now moved on to Middle School. I have only good things to say about this school. Their PTO is outstanding. I was not on their board, but they were very thankful for anyone who volunteered. The PTO are not cliquish. They just love helping the school and the children in the school. Thank You West View!!!

Posted September 26, 2013
WestView is an outstanding elementary school! The Administration and teachers never stop working to make sure ever student has the best chance to succeed. We moved to our current neighborhood so that our now 5th grader could start kindergarten here. We also have a 1st grader here, and both boys have had an incredible educational experience. And the best part is...they both love their school!!!

Posted September 26, 2013
My children began attending West View in January of 2012 following our move to Spartanburg from Birmingham, AL. Hands down, WV is the best elementary school any of my four children have attended. The entire staff is superior. Getting involved - spending time doing volunteer work, choosing to be of service - all I can say is that opportunities abound for anyone ready and willing to step up, put yourself "out there" and get busy.

Posted September 25, 2013
I am a grandparent of a West View Elementary student and this is the second time around for our family to be involved. This school is changing with the times to have a more Global outlook in its approach to teaching. The make-up of the student population is very different than it was 20 years ago and adjustments are being made. One idea this time around that is very nice is to offer more varied clubs of interest to students who may not be in the Horizon program and may not have home opportunities to try varied avenues whether a cooking club or a cultural dance group. As a parent or grandparent you can be as involved as you want to be in your child's life and it is up to us to make that happen. I like the idea of my grandchild being exposed to many different cultures and hopefully will be a better citizen because of it. Our eyes need to be opened, our ears need to be listening,our hands need to be working together and our hearts need to go out and support our school. signed, a Grandma

Posted September 25, 2013
I am a parent to a West View student and feel that this school is an excellent school and deserves extremely high ratings. Not only are the teachers fantastic, but the front office staff is amazing as well. Letitia and Lois are so very understanding and caring, not just to us parents but to the kids as well. Any time I call or am volunteering, Lois treats me with kindness and makes me feel right at home! She also treats the students as if they were her own and talks to them in a caring and loving manner. West View truly could not have a better staff. My child loves going to school there and I am very happy with it as well.

Posted September 25, 2013
I am a parent at West View Elementary School and I am very offended by the last persons comment and could not disagree with it more!!! You in no way, shape or form have to be a certain type of parent to be involved. With close to 900 students we value parent involvement and need parent involvement to keep some of our programs going!!! I know this from experience and being part of the PTO...every PTO opportunity we get we ask and beg parents to donate one hour of volunteer time a year!!!!! We pride ourselves in having new parents volunteer and hearing how much they have enjoyed the opportunity and many times it leads to them volunteering more and more!!! It is not remotely clickish.....we have people write down their names, contact info, and what they would like to volunteer for and we call them or email them....not knowing or caring what they drive, what color they are, or any of that silliness. We are a very diverse school and we open up volunteer opportunities to everyone!!!!! Once again with close to 900 students we need parents help. As far as fundraising and pictures....every school does pictures...don't buy them if you don't want them. Lastly..our 3 Principals ROCK!!

West View Elementary School 3

Posted September 23, 2013
Westview, academically, is a great school. I'm rating it low on principal/parent involvement because you have to be a certain type of parent to be allowed to be involved. It is horribly clique-ish (think white, blond, soccer mom, minivan and you will have a good picture of the parents that are allowed to be involved). I volunteered for simply classroom helper 3 years straight and was never called once. The fund-raising in non-stop all year long (ex. 3 separate school pictures, one for fall, one for holiday, one for spring) which ultimately makes you feel like you are getting nickel and dimed to death. Very frustrating experience this has been.

West View Elementary School 2

Posted August 30, 2011
This school is great academically, but needs to pay more attention to the minority students. Also, staff/principal seem to be very "click-ish"

West View Elementary School
400 Oak Grove Rd, Spartanburg, SC  29301
Last modified West View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West View Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top