Spartanburg, SC

Posted April 12, 2009
We moved from a large school in a large city that was rated a 10. Much to our surprise, this school has much more to offer than the previous school my son attended. He has thrived with the smaller class size (18 students instead of 32!) and the more individual attention he receives because of it. The fine arts program is excellent - all children learn to play the recorder well over the course of two years in music, art classes cover a variety of mediums and acadmics are excellent. The school is currently in the process of becoming an IB school and I have no doubt they will continue to grow and improve over the next few years,.

Jesse Boyd Elementary School 0

Posted March 09, 2009
Once at jesse boyd, my daughter blossomed! its the best thing that has happened to us!! love this school

Posted October 31, 2008

Posted October 06, 2008
Jesse Boyd is a wonderful school with an outstanding group of teachers and staff. However, I have serious concerns about the lack of socialization. I do not approve of 'silent lunch' or restrictions on recess for any grade level. A successful school is not just measured by test scores and academics. Students need time to interact in situations not structured by adults in order to develop interpersonal skills. However, with this being said Jesse Boyd is one of the very best schools in the state!

Posted October 01, 2008
My children and I love JBE, but I have had some concerns about favoritism by the Principal or others who choose parents to go on field trips. I have twice sent my money in the very first day and have not been allowed to go along. I have two children in the 4th grade and want to go with them. I am however, very please with the school over all. I feel the teachers and staff have the best interest of of children in mind, and trust that my children are safe. I would not want my kids going to any other school, they are doing well in class and their grades are great. 4th grade and 1st grade parent

Posted September 17, 2008
My second grader loves the school and all that it offers. I was a product of this school, and was delighted to find that the programs and education have continued to progress over the years. Staff exhibit involvement and engagement with the children from attending baseball games to Chic-Fil-A Night. Awesome area to live and raise a family, with the perfect facilities and faculty to endourage growth both mentally and physically.

Jesse Boyd Elementary School 4

Posted July 27, 2008

Posted April 29, 2008
JBE is the best. My son was in a private school and we moved him to JBE. He loves it and the teachers or great!

Posted April 17, 2008
We love Jesse Boyd! We moved one of our children here from another elementary school in the district that is supposed to be 'the best' and that child is doing so much better here and is so much happier -- with peers, with teachers, with administration, with everything! We also started our youngest in kindergarten at Jesse Boyd, and this child is thriving! Our oldest, who is now in high school, wishes we had sent them to Jesse Boyd, too. If only we had known better when we first moved to the area! After experiencing other schools, Jesse Boyd is the best for our children!

Posted February 05, 2008

Jesse Boyd Elementary School
1505 Fernwood Glendale Rd, Spartanburg, SC  29307
Last modified Jesse Boyd Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jesse Boyd Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top