Summerville, SC
Before care: Yes

Posted November 07, 2011
Our child has attended this school through lower and middle school. We have found the teachers to be very supportive and always willing to go the extra mile for whatever is needed to help her be successful. Administration always has an open door and willing to talk to us at any time. Our child has been allowed to explore many extra-curriculars during the middle school enrichment period, such as arts, clubs, and sports during the school day. The middle school enrichment period is a very unique program! Our child has always felt safe at school which could not be said at other local middle schools. I could not ask for a better experience for my child.

Posted December 19, 2009
Pinewood Prep is an exceptional school. My 3 children have attended for years and are receiving an excellent education.The teachers and administrators give 100%. It is acadmically challenging, and students are expected to conduct themselves with respect and courtesy. I wouldn't want it any other way.

Posted December 03, 2009
I currently have 2 children attending PInewood and a child who recetnly graduated from PInewood. We love the school! It is academically challenging, yet it meets individual children's needs. The students are expected to adhere to a strict honor code. The family atmosphere is obvious in the attitudes and behaviors of teachers, administration, parents, and students. I would recommend this school to anyone looking for a school home. The tuition is a real value compared to other much higher priced schools in the Charleston area, as it is much lower than comparable schools.

Posted December 03, 2009
I have three children at this school and could not be more pleased with their academic progress. The faculty is very nurturing and available to all the students at anytime they may need additional help. My children all are happy and feel safe in this small environment. I wouldn't want to change anything except for the rising tuition. But, you get what you pay for. Retaining quality teachers and offering the best educational environment cost money. It is worth every penny!

Posted October 03, 2009
The faculty is great!!!!They make every child feel special. My daughters love going to school.

Posted March 27, 2009
I have 3 children at Pinewood and absolutely love it...We were previously at another SCISA school and had to leave due to my husband transferring jobs...We were happy at that school but Pinewood has supassed our expectations...The teachers are caring and really teach, the headmaster makes each student feel important, the classes are small and learning is great! They are also very competitive athletically...This school is worth every penny, I couldn't imagine my children attending anywhere else!

Posted February 03, 2009
I am new to the area and did not have time to research public schools and was referred to Pinewood by an alumni and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. The teachers are truly caring and take a interest in each and every child there. The opportunities that this terrific school has even for first graders blows me away. My daughter has been able to participate in more activites and unique experiences than ever before. We will be adding another recruit this upcoming year and look forward to what it brings with it.

Pinewood Preparatory School 4

Posted January 27, 2009
I attended PPS from 6th to 11th grade (when I left, because I had run out of classes to take). They offer a reasonable number of APs, but very few electives, when compared with other schools in the area. The tuition, which was reasonable when I started, has almost tripled. The student body is very homogeneous. While PPS doesn't technically have a uniform (yet), it might as well be a Lacoste polo shirt, khakis/jeans from Hollister, and Sperry's boat shoes. I have a genuine respect for most of the faculty members, although several of their good teachers left after some sort of shake up last spring. The English department, however, has always seemed weak to me, and unless they've hired someone new, no one there is qualified to teach AP Calculus. (Which doesn't mean there isn't a class, just that the pass rate is something like 15%). The administration is not very flexible.

Posted December 14, 2008

Posted October 17, 2008
This school has provided my children with a fantastic education. We have been driving forty miles one way for ten years now and it is well worth the sacrifice. The teachers are well qualified, personal, and encourage my children. The extra curricula activities and opportunities to participate in the community are numerous. This school is an educational bargain. Let me say that I teach in a public school in another county. Pinewood is worth the trip.

Pinewood Preparatory School
1114 Orangeburg Rd, Summerville, SC  29483
Last modified Pinewood Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Pinewood Preparatory School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top